Saturday, September 16, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 259/106, 2023 - Saturday

Over the last several days, there have been just over 2.5" of rain at the Curious House. Lovely. I don't think there is any more in the near-term forecast, but this should do us for a little while. I hope even the Highland Lakes have risen an inch or two. Fingers crossed. After the walk this morning, I crossed a few chores off my list, and Judy, Pam, Diane and I hit two garage sales. I think we all walked away with a treasure or two. I had a ticket to go see A Haunting in Venice, but there was a severe weather warning, and I decided I would rather be at home than in a movie auditorium if there was a bad storm. I got home, took a nap, and woke up and the worst of the weather had passed. I made it to the movie, and I have to admit it was pretty good. Apparently, Kenneth Branagh as Hercule Poirot is receiving very good review. It was an interesting and visually very beautiful film. I wish it had made me yearn to visit Venice, but all I could think of was the toxic levels of mold and mildew. Dammit! Plans for tomorrow are sparse; a walk, brunch, maybe Costco (maybe not), and a couple boorish things around the house. So glad I have been granted a break from trying to keep the landscape alive, at least that that has not already died. Hopefully, the recent rains will mark a climate change for the better. Lovely clouds are still lingering...

No comments:

Post a Comment