Thursday, September 14, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 278/108, 2023 - Thursday

Welcome to Weekend Eve! I don't want to sound selfish or grouchy or anything; in the last 24 hours, we have received 1.25" of rain at the Curious House. That is great, but other parts of Austin, where I was driving home in the middle of it, got LOTS of rain this afternoon, and the roads and streets are dry the nearer I got to the Curious House. There are still chances of rain for the next two or three days, so I have my fingers crossed. Since today is Thursday, we maintained the office tradition (which is hit-and-miss at best), and had Cheeseburger Specials from Sandy's on Barton Springs Road. Very yummy. In the late afternoon, I headed to a TREPAC event at a place called Brewtorium in North Austin. I stayed for a respectable (almost) thirty minutes, and then I headed home, in the torrential rain. The further north I got, the less the rain was, until alas, there was nothing in Georgetown. Tomorrow has a meeting or two on the calendar, and then it will be the weekend. I am looking very forward to that. I bought my ticket to A Haunting in Venice, and as of this morning, mine was the only pre-sold ticket. I may have the whole auditorium to myself. The photo accompanying this journal entry is me and Eileen at the TREPAC event tonight. Hearts, hearts, hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment