Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 262/103, 2023 - Tuesday

I miscalculated my timing this morning; I had a 9 o'clock appointment in Austin, and I needed to leave the Curious House not later than 7:45. I realized that in the middle of our morning walk (just me and Jack), so I abbreviated my walk in the middle. The walk usually ends about the time I needed to leave, but abbreviating the walk worked out just fine. I actually got the the appointment about twenty minutes early, but you NEVER know what the traffic conditions will be like between here and there. After the 9 o'clock, I have an 11 o'clock zoom and a 1:15 conference call. The call lasted much longer than I had expected, but I was able to leave the office about 2:30. I was meeting Linda and Jimmie at 4 for a ride out to the farm and dinner. We lolly-gagged here and there, and had dinner in Walburg at Dale's Essenhaus. I had catfish, collard greens and navy beans. Yummy. Too much food, and I have three BIG pieces of catfish and the rest of the collard greens in the refrigerator. On the way back, we stopped at Berry Springs Park, and talked to the burros. It is not often that you can squeeze two asses into one photo! There were lots of reminiscences about stuff Jody and I used to do, where we used to do it. It was a long walk down the memories in my head. Tomorrow will be a bit slower, I am attending a four hour Diversity Program at the Austin Board, then maybe to the office, maybe not. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment