Friday, September 29, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 272/93, 2023 - Friday

Yes, it is still hot. Yes, I did a walk this morning. Yes, I went in to the office. Yes, I bought PowerBall tickets. Yes, the sprinklers are on, and I hope they run as intended overnight. Yes, I got my hair(s) cut this afternoon. That is the interesting thing. I got to my appointment five or ten minutes early, and there was a lady just getting finished up. I started the usual banter with Johnna, which took the lady a little bit surprised, but she came around and started participating. She got finished, paid for her service, and left. I got my hair washed, and my haircut started. The lady came back (about 15 minutes later), and asked if she had told Johnna about when she was at confession in her church, and she lied to the priest while she was in the confessional. She had a kind of wonderment in her voice as she described it, because she was convinced that, because she was lying (is that how you spell that?) to the priest, she fully expected to be struck down, but nothing happened. With that, I was dumbstruck, so I was silent. We were both silent, and then she turned around and left. We were very quiet, fearing that she was maybe listening outside the door, but she wasn't. Interesting. Oh, and go outside and look up, it is the last super moon of the year. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment