Monday, September 25, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 268/97, 2023

Well, there was a pretty good storm last night. The lightning show was really interesting, and we were lucky here at the Curious House, nothing broke. The hail was coming down sideways, and I was relatively sure that some of the windows in the house were going to shatter. Honestly, there is no real damage that I can find. A little south and east of us did not do so well, hail measured at 3.75 inches did a lot of damage. Imagine a hard, softball size piece of hail coming down at over 100 miles per hour. That will leave a mark. There is talk that it will be the most expensive hail storm in central Texas history. The photos are really impressive, and again, I am a really lucky person. I did not walk this morning, everything was late, and by the time the walk started, I was back in the house, in the big chair with two dogs all over me, watching the news on tv. Tomorrow is another day. The office was pretty quiet, I had a couple errands to run on the way home, and I got all that done with no issues. It is still really hot and humid, and there is a cold front supposed to come through overnight. Or maybe it was last night? I can't keep up. It had better cool down soon, or I will get even grumpier! The Texas Sage is doing its' job, though. Texas Sage blooms when it rains, sometimes a day or two before and a predictor, but it is always beautiful. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment