Saturday, December 9, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 343/22, 2023 - Saturday

Oh, perfect. It was a beautiful day today in central Texas, 75 degrees and sunshine. There is a cold front starting to come in overnight, and it is expected to be 42 degrees tomorrow when we go for our walk. This morning, it was 64 degrees, so things they are a changing! Monday morning will see a freeze, probably down to 30 degrees or so at the Curious House, so I will spend some time tomorrow protecting plants. It will all be okay. Marge and I went to the ONLY estate sale in Georgetown today, and today was the last day. Marge was right when she said we were left with only the dregs, but we both walked out something. I spent $11. Then it was time for a nap. After my nap, I went to a movie, a movie I have already seen a couple weeks ago, but I wanted to see it again. Saltburn. Yep, it was just as weird the second time as it was the first time, definitely not a film with mass appeal, but that is exactly what appeals to me. The first time I saw it, I was one of only four people in the auditorium. Today, there were maybe 20 or thirty people in the auditorium, and watching the film and hearing their reactions was definitely better the second time. Go see it if you dare. I finished listening to the Barbra Streisand autobiography this afternoon. I invested 48 hours of listening to it, and mostly it was good, entertaining and informative. If I were the director, I would have done it a little differently, but there you have it. She deserves all that she has achieved, and she worked her ass of for all of it.If a hardback book is almost 1,000 pages, how many pages would that be if a paperback edition was produced?

No comments:

Post a Comment