Saturday, December 23, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 357/8, 2023 - Saturday

I have never been a fan of resolutions, mainly because I break them within a week of making them, but I am making a resolution now for all my loyal readers to witness. In the future, when attending a movie, I resolve to show up five minutes before the scheduled showing time. Today, I went to see Poor Things, continuing with my quest to see the weirdest movies possible. Poor Things fits quite comfortably into that category, but don't take my word for it, just go see it. Tomorrow, I may try to make time to see American Fiction. I have considered going to see the new version of The Color Purple which opens on Christmas Day, but all the seats around here sre booked. But back to my resolution, I showed up way too early, so I sat in the car listening to some cello music (search for Hauser), and dozed off a couple times. I went inside and got to my seat in the auditorium (D8), about ten minutes before show time. Between all the commercials and coming attractions, the actual movie started about 25 minutes AFTER the scheduled time. Never again. Somebody help me! It is really no problem to cut it close, since all the tickets have to be bought on-ling, and seats are reserved. So, we shall see how this works. I just finished watching A Pocketful of Miracles, and I can remember seeing it in the late 60's or early 70's. In fact, for a long time in Memphis, my phone number was listed under the name 'Mrs. E. Worthington Manville.' No apologies, I was having a blast, even back then!

No comments:

Post a Comment