Monday, June 29, 2009

Day One Hundred Eighty...

Yum, DONUTS! Today's photo was going to be of the fantastic flag pole that was installed at the farm today, but the concrete is still wet, and the flags cannot be raised until the concrete drys, so it looks like I will save that until tomorrow for your viewing pleasure. Suffice it to say that the flag pole is wonderful, 23 feet of brushed aluminum with a shiny gold ball on the top, and a very attractive brushed aluminum plate at the bottom that disguises the offensive dirt and stuff that it is buried in. Wonderful!

So, instead, I am showing you the glory of the find of the decade. Okay it only seems like a decade, but I went into the HEB on Oltorf this afternoon, and they had just put out a fresh pile of chocolate covered donuts, and so at 50 cents a piece (and no tax) I bought four of the beauties. I had one already, and will save the others for my commutes into the office the rest of this week. You would think those donuts are the most popular things in the city, and they are very seldom in stock when I go on a search for them. After this week, my craving will be over, and it will be on to something new for me to obsess about. Wonder what it will be?

It was a good day at work, the day started out wonderfully, and there were really no down issues in the day. Had some property showings, and those were pretty successful. Made appointments for tomorrow and later in the week, so it will be a good week overall I think.

I wish it would cool off some, but I think that is really too much to ask at this point in time. It seems like the high temperatures are with us for the duration, and August and September are generally the hottest months. This one could be a real scorcher.

As always, life is good and I am thanking my lucky stars for all my blessings. I am a lucky man, and I am very aware of that. I hope you feel the same way, and I hope you can see fit to share some of your blessings with someone who has less than you do. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment