Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Day One Hundred Sixty...

Well, the day is almost over, and a good day it was, too. Lots of stuff accomplished at the office, including the finish up of my preparation for two days of classes at the Austin Board of REALTORS. Then, starting on Friday, I will start the finish up of preparation for the class I will teach there next Thursday. I love teaching, but if you are not prepared, and if you do not keep the classes interesting, the students (adult learners) will eat you alive and spit you out. So, being prepared (like a good boy scout) is always a good thing.

I worked in some errands for the office today, as well as some personal errands. Okay, well, I actually went to Lowe's and accomplished everything at one time. Shopping for the office, home and getting some 'give-aways' for the classes. We are working on a series of soaker hoses for the house, and so I got MORE hoses, and some brass two-way-diverters for the hose bibs. That should keep me busy over the weekend. We are also getting 35 railroad ties for the gardens to replace all the rotted ones around the place. WORK, WORK, WORK!


Our neighbors have all been bringing corn to us, and we have been enjoying it all, except we have taken some to our friends in Austin. We cannot eat all the corn we have been getting, but like the Blue Bell Ice Cream People, 'we eat all we can and we give away the rest'. Thanks to the Schneider's and to Randy & Irene.


I am looking forward to having some hay baled in the next week or so, and that will be exciting. I have never had our own hay baled, so that will be a real treat. No more bought hay for us, I hope. Jody said he heard something on the radio yesterday that there is something happening out in the oceans, and it looks like an El Nino pattern might be developing, which will mean more rain than normal, but that is still months away, most likely. We are seriously in need of rain, for the benefit of everything around here, people, pets, plants and livestock.


Have a nice rest of your day, and I hope you have been reaping the benefits of all the good deeds you have been doing for others. You may not realize it, but lots of times, the good things that happen to us are merely a kindness you have done for someone else being returned to you! Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment