Friday, June 12, 2009

Day One Hundred Sixty Three...

I am a victim of hay bale envy. I know, I should seek professional help, but I am first going to try self-medication and yoga to see if that will get me through. Drugs is generally the answer to everything, so that is my first course of action. All around me, the neighbors are cutting and baling their fields, and I am really looking forward to the day that I come home from work and find that Michael has come and cut and baled. It will indeed be a glorious day, and I will certainly post photos of the result. I am wondering how much hay we will get from the first cutting, and hoping that we will get some rain after that so we can get another cutting in the fall. All the stuff I am learning about this farm stuff is interesting to me, and amazing to my friends. I truly am living a charmed life!

For the most part, this was a really good day. First day back in the office for a couple of days, and I got lots of work done, including wiring funds to our owners for the proceeds of their June rents. That is always an interesting thing; one minute the money is there, and the next minute it is somewhere in the ether, winding its' way into bank accounts all over the world. Amazing what can be done electronically. I am really starting to sound old, even to myself.

I will be finished with my class preparation over the weekend. I really think this next class will be a good and interesting one. The more you teach the classes, the better you get (at least that is what I think) and this class is going to be a good one (even though this will be the first time I have taught it). It is much more direct than the classes I taught earlier this week, and much more specific, with good specific information for the learners that they will be able to use right away in their careers.

When I was leaving the office today, this little Prius was in the parking lot, a vehicle of AustinCarShare.org. I knew they were available in the city, but I had never seen one of their vehicles, and I think it is interesting that is just like my car (except for the logos and things on the back and doors). So, I thought that was worthy of a photo and a free plug in this journal post. I hope you don't mind. If you really don't mind, take a look at their web site http://www.austincarshare.org.

Leftovers for tonight, which I do not mind one single little bit. Pork loin, fried rice (from the night with the fortune cookies), corn on the cob and a nice salad. What could be a better way to end the day? Okay, well, end the serious eating part of the day. There will be pop sicles later, after a jump into the pool.

This is the weekend for ROT (The Republic of Texas Motorcycle Meet-Up). Robbie Knievel is supposed to fling himself across a series of something lined up on Congress Avenue at 11 PM this evening. If anything bad happens to him, that will mean the paper delivery will be delayed in the morning. Let's all hope he has a safe jump.

We did not get any mentionable rain last night, although there was some rain (maybe a trace) and some good winds, nothing more here and happily there was no damage. There was some damage in Austin, but nothing severe, so that is a happy thing.

Enjoy yourself, it is the weekend. Do a small kindness for someone else, and remember to have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment