Sunday, June 7, 2009

Day One Hundred Fifty Eight...

Yesterday I was dieing, and today there is something living in the attic (still). I am not as sore as I was expecting to be, and so I decided to go out and pull more weeds and trim some of the bushes back that are around the pool. I also pulled up onions that have been growing in one of the flower beds, so those are gone, and I will be distributing them in the office tomorrow. We will keep a couple, and I will give the rest away. Even though I love onions, they do not care much for me unless they are cooked, so...

Okay, on to the something is living in the attic stuff. I told you a couple days ago that there was something in the attic, and I was waiting until the weekend go go up there and see what it was. I was also working on the 'if I ignore it long enough it may just go away theory. Well, that did not work. Last night, the Queen Cat (Missy) found herself a mouse to kill, and promptly delivered it to Jody in the form or a gift in his slippers. We were all very proud of her, and we praised her highly. We have no idea how old she is (she was a foundling) and we have had her for about 12 or 13 years, and she is blind in one eye BUT she is still a hunter. I thought she was mostly a sleeper, but she actually got that mouse. Okay, given it was a small mouse and most likely lacked the experience of an older and wiser mouse, but she still got it. AND I unceremoniously flushed same down the toilet. That mouse now sleeps with the (whatevers) in the septic tank. I am certain it will decompose and go back to the earth as all things do.

Oh yeah, I was talking about things living in the attic and I was distracted... So this morning I was laying in bed, and heard something in the attic over the bedroom. So, I begrudgingly went up in the attic this morning, and I cannot see where anything has a nest, nor can I see any evidence of critters up there. Maybe it is trees rubbing up on the house, maybe it is something, but I do not know what. All I do know is we need to figure this out before we have a really serious problem on our hands (in the attic).

Miguel (our hired man) is here and he is out there weeding up a storm, and I have given him lots of jobs to get accomplished today, and jobs for the future. There is always work to be done here, and it needs to be kept on top of or it just gets totally out of control. Miguel is a good hard worker, and I have no issues trusting him with whatever he needs, but I am not sure about the people he brings out here with him. He brought someone today, and we have both decided that the extra man is lazy and I for one do not want lazy folks around when they are supposed to be working.

Jody and I are leaving here around 11 AM to go into Austin and run errands, and have lunch, and we should be back around 3 PM, so that will be in time to get everyone paid and marvel at all the improvements in the landscaping arenas. Cannot wait to see how much better everything will look when we get back. Okay, well yesterday,m I said we were having lunch at 'Three Forks' and it was actually 'Roaring Forks' near the Board of REALTORS. It was delicious. We were there in time for Brunch, and I had chicken enchiladas with eggs, and Jody had Migas. It was all very good. We saw one of Carrie's clients there (Keith) and he said he had been there three times this week. I think he needs to broaden his horizons a bit, or he will tire of the place very quickly.

After lunch, we ran a few errands in Georgetown, and came on home and did a little bit more work in the yard. Things are looking very nice right now, and I am happy about that. Miguel will be bringing his uncle out to the house on Thursday, and we will keep this going until we get everything under control.

No dinner for either of us tonight, we are just going to go take a dive in the pool and that will be it. We had enough food at the restaurant to last us for a while.

Have a great rest of your day...and remember to do a good deed for someone. It is never to late to do a good deed, and it is never to late to Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment