Saturday, June 6, 2009

Day One Hundred Fifty Seven...

Okay, I am dying here. I went outside and started pulling weeds at about 7:30 AM this morning, and I did that for about 3 or 4 hours. The bending over has taken a toll on my calves (not the ones out in the pasture, either). I can hardly walk, and I have taken two naps already. Oh, crap! BUT, on the other hand, I did get a lot of weeds out of the beds, and that is some satisfaction. Not enough, however! During one of my naps, Jody and I watched a documentary called 'Grey Gardens' about a couple of eccentric and (most likely) psychologically challenged women who lived in the Hampton's, and whose house kind of disintegrated around them, and you could hardly see the house for all the weeds and (formerly beautiful) overgrown gardens around the property. They had raccoons and opossums and other vermin in the attic and they would take them loaves of bread and boxes of cat chow to eat...just spread it on a newspaper in the attic, and leave the vermin to their own devices. That could easily happen here I think if we don't get control of the weeds in these flower beds. Hmmm...

So, after that film, we jumped in the pool. I had let some water run in the pol this morning, and I got it too full, so now the skimmer will not skim properly. It should evaporate in a few days and be back to normal (I hope). Otherwise, I will have to figure out how to drain a little bit of the water out.

The winds have picked up today nicely, and the wind generators are out there generating up a storm. The winds are coming from the SSE and that will bring a bit more humidity into the area, so here we go again, hot and humid for the duration. You have to do the outside stuff early in the mornings, or it is just too hot to do it, or in the evenings, which is quite lovely when it is breezy.

Jody and I will be going into town tomorrow afternoon, doing a little bit of shopping and then having lunch at the new 'Three Forks' restaurant near the Board of REALTORS. Quite a nice place, and I was introduced to it one day when there was a 'luncheon challenge' at the Board with one of the lunch providers. They got all their signals crossed, so we went there for lunch, and it was great. So, I have been wanting Jody to try it out, so we will do that as part of our Austin trip.

I was delighted to learn that a very good friend of ours (Kay) has become a member of FaceBook (or MyFace if you can't remember which networking sight you are a member of). It will be fun to catch up with her, and I am looking forward to it. Welcome Kay!

Enjoy the rest of your day (or afternoon or evening) and remember to do something kind and unexpected for someone if you can. It is not difficult to do, and is always appreciated and worth whatever small inconvenience it might cause you. Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment