Friday, June 26, 2009

Day One Hundred Seventy Seven...

So, this is the weather forecast for tonight and tomorrow. All of central Texas is under a heat advisory, and it is really just too darn hot!

Even though this was not a terrible day or anything, I am feeling kind of blue, and I am not sure why. Maybe it is the heat, maybe it is just that I am tired (of the heat?) or maybe it is just my time to be blue. Who knows? I think it is just a combination of several things, and maybe a little bit of frustration over non-consequential things. Small stuff should not be sweated over!

I showed some property this morning, and that was fun, there are lots of houses for sale right now, and good deals are available, I am always happy about that. I got back to the office, and had lunch (I think I ate too much which may be part of my problem), and I need to leave here soon because I need to have my car serviced on the way home. 70 Thousand Mils, and they are all my miles. I do not think I have ever kept a car for 70 thousand miles. It could be just another sign of the times.

Travis and some of his fellow workers were at the house last night working to get the fencing reinforced in that one area between us and the neighbors. I hope I can let the cattle back in that small area of pasture tonight, so they can take advantage of that green grass (before it burns up) and the trees that are there so they can have that area for shade, and not have to go into the barn for shade. I expect Travis will be back tonight around 6 PM and get everything finished up.

I left the office on schedule this afternoon, and traffic was a nightmare both heading north and south on the Interstate. Crazy traffic, backed up all over and people being particularly unfriendly, obviously because of the heat. I am ashamed to admit this, but I saluted a woman on her telephone that felt very strongly that she needed to be in the left hand lane, and it was her divine right to cross four lanes of traffic while paying no attention at all to any of the other traffic in the Interstate. She did not even notice that I had saluted her, and I am kind of ashamed of myself. The only good this is, I was not being an example to little kids in the back seat. I have no little kids, so I am not a role model to very many people, if any.

During dinner, we determined that one of our air conditioning units is not functioning, so that will make the evening interesting. Half of the house will be relatively comfortable, and it will be a minor inconvenience, so there you have it. Being a property manager, I am thinking I will be able to get someone out here to look at it, and it will not be terrible. We have been suspicious that the unit was not functioning as intended, but it was functioning. The heat takes its' toll on lots of things in lots of ways.

Take care of yourself, remember to drink plenty of fluids, and offer someone some good fortune if you can spare it. It will be greatly appreciated, and you will be a better person for it, and you will be rewarded in the long run. HAVE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment