Friday, June 5, 2009

Day One Hundred Fifty Six...

Interestingly, I really do not remember much about the day today. I know I got to the office at about 7:45 AM (I have been making really good time lately), and I know I got a lot of stuff done, but there was nothing really remarkable about it. I guess that every day cannot be a 'hum-dinger' of a day. Just a nice day, but that is better than a really bad day.

I ran some errands in the morning, and had my usual lunch of What-A-Burgers (off the dollar menu) and I am still getting things prepared for my classes next week. I am still pretty confident that everything will go well, and I will try some different strategies to keep the class interesting and the learners interested.

Monday is the last day of the Leadership Training class, and we will begin about 9 AM and have a luncheon about 11:30 AM and it will conclude with a ceremony, at which time we will get our pins (just like in the fraternity) and then we will be on our own to do with the training whatever we feel like doing. Oh well, that is not until Monday, and it seems kind of like a far away thing right now...

Tomorrow I have weeds and vermin to deal with! Last night (about 10:15 PM, the coyotes sounded as if they were right outside our bedroom windows. We were sleeping with the windows open, and they must have caught a rabbit or something, because there was quite a ruckus. It is really interesting what goes on out here. Then this morning when I got up and was making coffee, I could hear something up in the attic, near the fireplace, chewing on something. I did not want to get into it this morning, but I will do that tomorrow morning. It may be a opossum or maybe a raccoon, or maybe just a rat. BUT, I am kind of leaning towards a opossum. We shall see.

I also have a date with some weeds in the morning, and I also hope to get some of the soaker hoses places around the flower beds to see if that will solve some of our watering challenges. If there is no rain, we will have to water stuff or everything will be dying, and we do not really want that to happen. I will keep you informed.

I got a couple interesting e-mails today, that go along with my daily thoughts of trying to be kind and helpful to others. When all is said and done, it is not so important how big your house is, but how many others you were able to share your home with. Not how many square feet you have, but how many others you were able to give shelter to when it was needed.

Have a great rest of your day, and try to do something nice for someone. Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment