Saturday, June 13, 2009

Day One Hundred Sixty Four...

Still Life With Peaches. While we were out opening boxes and getting stuff ready to take to the resale place, I went over and looked at the peach tree the former owners of the property planted. We had seen some peaches on it, but the last we looked, they were hard as a rock. Today, two of the peaches were on the ground, and one was still on the tree, so I picked the ones off the ground and picked the other one and brought all of them into the house. We will try them later, I hope they are good, but I will not be too disappointed if they are not. They are free peaches, so you cannot complain about free stuff.

I got a pretty good nick name on FaceBook this morning, 'LuckyBill' which I feel is really appropriate, because I think I am a really lucky guy. I could have gotten 'BilltheRealtor' or 'RealtorBill' but this diary is not intended to be a way for me to push my real estate stuff, it is more of a place for me to just keep a daily diary of what goes on...kind of the Seinfeld of blogs, it is really about pretty much nothing. So, I am happy with being referred to as 'LuckyBill'.

Jody and I took the stuff to the resale shop, and we were not gone all that long, and when we got home, we decided to bring some of the art work in from the shed. The house has been pretty much barren of artwork ever since we moved in, and we are pretty much overwhelmed with art work inside the house now. We are going to take a lot of it into the resale place tomorrow and see if it will sell. We do not have nearly the wall space here that we had in the combined tow houses we incorporated into this one.

I was sitting down enjoying some down time, when a big green tractor passed by us in the near pasture. I figured it was Michael coming to start cutting the pastures to bale some hay. So, I put on my clothes (I was working inside in my boxers) and grabbed a couple beers and went outside. Come to find out, they had just bought this tractor and were trying it out to see if they wanted to keep it or not. They should be back tomorrow to cut and bale and they are all telling me I will have more hay than I will need, but the proof is in the pudding! We shall see.

We are heading out for dinner tonight, and I think I am going to go and jump in the pool before we do that. It is hot like a pistol outside, and we have been working most of the day. Summer is here, and I just hope we do not all fry. I am still hoping for some rain, but you can never tell. We are going someplace casual, so I do not really have to get too prettied up. Then we will pretty much hit it again in the morning when it is cool, and see how much stuff we can get done.Be nice to someone, and someone else will be nice to you. That is pretty much the way it works. Try it, you will like it. Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment