Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day One Hundred Sixty One...

Today was a good day, which is nice because almost all of my days are good days. I think (or maybe I hope) that as we age, we pay less attention to small inconveniences, and that affords us to have a more positive outlook on things. I am very lucky that I cannot really remember having a bad day this year...okay, there was that time when I was sick, but other than that, I lead a really charmed life! How lucky am I?

The first day of class at the Austin Board went nicely, a good group of folks who are interested in the subject, and happy (for the most part) to be there. There was one gentleman who came into the room relatively early and started calling staff members names like 'dictator' and 'chauvinist'. And that was because they required him to sign in when he got there and take his book and some other materials and have a seat. Not a good sign, but I think it all worked out in the end. We had two sponsored breaks and a catered lunch. One of the break sponsors even has a business that related to the course work! That took some planning, and I was happy about that.

The class started at a very civilized hour, and ends at an equally civilized hour, which is good. Most REALTORS are not used to sitting in the same place for several hours at a time, so the shorter class times are a blessing.

I stopped by the metal sculpture place on the way home to check on the progress, and to acknowledge the fact that the sculptures will be delivered in ten days...I hope they are well received. A week from tomorrow will mark our seventeenth anniversary...honestly, the happiest years of my life. I am a lucky and privileged man. Thanks for asking.

There is a fortune cookie sitting at my place at the dinner table, so I think that it would not be that much of a stretch to believe we will have some sort of Chinese dish (or an American version of a Chinese dish) for dinner. If I am wrong, I will post a retraction tomorrow.

Have a wonderful rest of your day, and think about all the nice things you have done for others recently. That should make everything better. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment