Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day One Hundred Seventy Four...

Okay, so this is what I am up against every single day. This 'magnetic' sign was on the side of a pick-up truck in our parking lot yesterday, and I have asked my faithful assistant Tom to pixilate the obvious identifiable characteristics of the sign so I do not risk the chance of being 'litigated against' by the 'REALTOR-Lawyer' person that is using it as a means of seeking clients. Whatever... In my opinion, it is a person who cannot do one thing very well, so he/she chooses to do two things badly. That is my opinion, that is all it is, nothing more, nothing less. It is sad that he/she feels compelled to belittle one group in an effort to achieve monetary gain. I am all for advertising my services to the public, but there should be some sort of standard that you do not go below in marketing yourself. Again, that is just my opinion.

I am so TOTALLY OUT OF IT, and so totally NOT HIP it never ceases to amaze me. I had a 10 AM appointment this morning at the Starbuck's location on Great Hills Trail near the Arboretum. I am not a consumer of fancy coffees, and I think Folgers is just fine. Actually, Jody has tried to instill in me some sophistication, and I now drink CostCo brand coffee as an upgrade to Folgers. But I digress... I was several minutes early for my appointment, so I was sitting at a table outside under a big tree. I was playing solitaire on my phone (because I wanted to look cool and important, like I was checking e-mail or something) watching the masses trickle in and out of coffee purveyor. The flow of humanity never ceased, and there were all these middle-class folks drinking their little hearts out at at least $5 a pop. I know this because we ordered two small PLAIN cups of Joe and the total was somewhere north of six-bucks. And we were the cheap folks in the place. Thinking back, we did not even leave a tip for the 'barrista'. I fully expect to burn in hell for that omission, but it was an honest error on my part. I do not know how to act in those places. I went through a Starbucks drive through with clients one time, and I started giggling, and could not stop. I thought it was pretty darn funny to listen to them order their coffee, and I could not stop laughing. I was embarrassed, but I made it through without killing myself. Anyway, I may need to go back to Starbucks and watch society (at least that society) more closely sometime in the future. Hmmmm...

This is what an UBMO (Unidentified Black Motorized Vehicle) looks like after it goes 'SPLAT' on the corner of South First Street and Gibson (a half block away from our office). Picture this: a guy on a two-wheeled motorized vehicle (we cannot decide if it is a motor cycle, a Vespa kind of thing or a scooter) is driving down the street and another car pulls out in front of him. The guy is wearing no helmet, and he still has the temporary tags on the thing. WEAR A HELMET! People are crazy, you should know better. Above all else, watch for traffic that can KILL YOU! Last week, a friend of mine (Kevin) had a wreck on his Vespa. Although I do not know of the details, he has commented that life is precious, and you cannot really comprehend how quickly everything can be taken away from you until something like that happens. He is a lucky man, as are we all.

I have had WAY TOO MUCH COFFEE for one day, I need to take a break!

I made it home without too much trouble, and I am happy to be here. Too much activity going on today, and I think I am ready to chill. Try to be mindful of those that might benefit from your gracious consideration, and remember to drive carefully and always be mindful of others in your line of sight, whether they be walking, bicycling, motor cycling or in an 18-wheeler. Always try to watch out for the other guy. It takes on a new meaning now. Okay, and try to temper your care and caution with a little bit of FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment