Monday, June 22, 2009

Day One Hundred Seventy Three...

It is the beginning of another work week, and I have had some good things happen over the past several days. I have decided to try to be less to some and more to others. I have made some decisions that should work well for me in the future, and cause me to have much less stress in my life. I am planning to continue to do the things that I have a passion for (which is not the same as doing the things that I am passionate about) and discontinue to do the things that make me less comfortable. I think this is a good call, and should make me a happier person all around. Life is too short to get all concerned about the small stuff, and even though I really do not feel that I was not in control, I was trying to do things that I felt I was more obligated to do than what I really enjoyed doing. So there too! I feel better already!

Yesterdays entry kind of took me by surprise. I was going to do kind of a whimsical entry about my Longhorn Bull, Mr. Speckles, but Jody said he had expected that I would write about my father, and so I did. It really took me off guard, and made me realize that I have forgotten many things about my dad, my family, and all those things. I still have the vague images of those times and the circumstances, but they are getting foggy, which I guess can be expected after many years.

Anyway, here is a photo of Mr. Speckles in all his glory, one big happy boy and master of all he surveys (except when he surveys the neighbors cattle and their big bull). The neighbors bull seems to really pay no attention at all to Mr. Speckles, but Mr. Speckles puts on a good show for all. I need to have some work done on a part of the fence that I thought he was going through yesterday morning, but hopefully that will be taken care of by the end of this week. I need them to be able to graze in that pasture annex, since there are some trees there and they can get in some shade during these hot days.

Today has been a busy one, Jody had an early morning appointment, and so we drove into town together. He is busy out running errands at the grocers and CostCo. I expect him back at the office to retrieve me about 3 PM. Here is a photo of the 'mystery mallo' one of the plants that has come back in the garden...for the longest time, we were not sure if it was a weed or something that was growing intentionally. We all thought it had characteristics of the hibiscus or mallo, but it sure did take a long time to finally bloom. It looks like it was worth the wait though. BEAUTIFUL!

I am expecting one of our neighbors to come by later this evening, to give me a bid on supplementing the fence that Speckles thought he just might go through yesterday. I really need them to get into that pasture so they can have some shade and a little bit better grass to graze on. It is always something. We are still just short of two weeks away from the Fourth of July Holiday, and I am really looking forward to the long weekend. I live for the weekends, and I love the farm!

Be good to yourself and to someone else who least expects it. It will be a wonderful thing for both of you. HAVE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment