Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day One Hundred Eighty Eight...

Whatever you feel about the person, a human being has died and that is a terribly sad thing. The man had a family, friends and lovers. Ours is not to judge, there will be plenty of others who will take on that task. If nothing else, just try to show a bit of respect, perhaps the same respect that you would like shown to you if all your warts and whiskers were exposed to the world. Just try to imagine whether you would have wanted to exist within those circumstances; would it all be worth it? I am not sure, but I know I am sad that we are minus one fragile person in the world. Thanks for letting me vent for just a second.

So? How was your day? Could you escape all the hype that is/was Michael Jackson? I would have liked to have seen some sort of a memorial of his life, but what we got was another badly choreographed extravaganza. I am not sure who should be the most embarrassed; the media or the public in general. I wonder if we all turned off the televisions and the radios if the media would get back to the next most important stuff? I doubt it.

Life was good in the office today, really busy, and I had a good appointment with some nice folks who may want to lease their home. They (David & Pamela) are not too sure yet about the management side of the equation, but they have a lovely home and they seem like they would be fun to work with. I should know in about a week.
Relatively cool today, only 96 degrees as I write this, and no rain to be had. It is kind of humid though, and that just makes it worse. I had an e-mail from our Connecticut friends (Bruce & Melody) who think we are just absolutely crazy. Melody likes it cool, damp and dark. Perfect for Connecticut in the winter.
Jody and I just finished watching the news, I guess there is not that much going on in the world, but I believe sanity will prevail. In the meantime, take a moment to think about those around you who might need some sort of a helping hand, a little tug-up to get them to a higher place, or just an ear to listen while they talk through something. You can help others in so many different ways, and just having a kind word to say to someone is certainly a good start. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment