Sunday, July 26, 2009

Day Two Hundred Seven...

I will ultimately be triumphant over the final recessed pot light. It is the one on the right that is the menace. You can tell by the expression on its' filament! You can tell a trouble maker from a mile off. Nine out of ten were somewhat easy to change out. The little suctiony-cup thingy that is on the end of the long pole thingy I bought yesterday did a pretty good job. Had to keep cleaning the suctiony thing, because the lights have been up there for a while, and they likely have a covering of dust and greasy stuff...don't ask, but that is what I am assuming. Anyway, one of the angled-pointable lights is proving to be a little more difficult, and I 1). Do not want to break the incandescent bulb that is in there now, and 2). I do not want to take a risk of breaking the CFL bulb that I will replace it with, because then I will need to be extra careful and not cause a hazardous waste site because of the minuscule amounts of mercury contained therein. I have brought in one of the extension ladders to complete the task, and once Jody wakes from his nap, I will ask him to make sure the ladder does not slide, and I will take on the elusive light bulb switch out. Within just a short time, all ten of the bulbs will have been replaced, and I will sleep easily tonight.

This morning started with blueberry pancakes, and then I started getting ready for am early appointment to list a home. My friend Diana is listing her house with me, so if anyone knows anyone looking for a very cute and lovingly cared for 3/2/2 in Georgetown, just let me know. It is a real doll-house and does not look its' age at all. Move-in ready, and ready for someone new to love it.

Jody and I watched a movie about mid-day after lunch, and then there is always a little bit of house cleaning to do on Sunday, because our trash pick-up is on Monday. It is another really warm day here, last I looked it was 103 degrees. There is a nice breeze blowing from the south, though, so that is a good thing, and that is making the turbines spin nicely. Our electrical usage has really dropped nicely since we had the new HVAC units installed, too. So far we are down between 30 and 35 kilowatts a day, but you cannot really tell what the exact cause is, maybe the new efficient systems, maybe because we are generating more electricity with the turbines because of the better winds. Whatever it is, I will take it. If it keeps up, that will knock off about 1,000 kilowatt hours a month. Not too bad!

We are going out to dinner tonight, but not sure where just yet. We probably won't make that decision until we head out the door. It will be somewhere good though, you can count on that.

Be good to yourself, and try to do something nice for someone else along the way. You will feel better about yourself, and your kindness will come back to you many times over. Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment