Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day Two Hundred Four...

Jody had a 'routine' surgical procedure this morning, and all is well. He looks like he just stepped out of an Arrow Shirt advertisement. I am not sure how routine any surgical procedure is, but they did advise him to to partake of any 'recreational' drugs for at least 24 hours, so I guess that just leaves more for me! Yippee!

We got to the hospital this morning right on time at 7:45 AM, and they poked and prodded him for a couple hours, and finally took him into the OR about two hours later. The whole time, I got a birds-eye view of them inserting IV's and all that kind of stuff, and I am just a little bit squeamish with needles...don't like to watch injections...makes me shiver. Anyway, all is well, he says he did not even remember them taking him into the OR, but they reported he was responsive and did what he was asked to do while there. Good Boy!

When I went back into the recovery room, he was propped up in the bed, and I sat in a big kind-of La-Z-Boy recliner chair. We were both comfortable, and they kept coming in and taking his vital signs, and they would ask him if he wanted to sit in the chair. Well, if you had a choice between a chair and a bed, what would you choose? We finally figured out that they were going to keep him until he said he wanted to get in the chair. They need to tell you the code words in the beginning. We could still be there just being comfortable...and ignorant...and hungry...and FREEZING!

Anyway, they finally sprung him, and so on the way home we stopped at the Frisco Shop on Burnet and had lunch. Jody had a Frisco burger and I had (what else) a club sandwich with onion rings. BE VERY CAREFUL...I have figured out how to set booby-traps with those new ketchup bottles that are kind of upside down. I actually set my own booby-trap with the one I was using at the Frisco Shop, and I found out how to do it the hard way. Good thing they have plenty of nappys there! Have you every been the victim of someone loosening the top of the salt shaker in a restaurant. Not a pretty sight, but interesting none the less.

The drive home was uneventful, and as soon as we got here, Jody went to take a nap. I had been answering e-mails via my cell phone while at the Hospital, but I got down to some serious e-mail answering when I got to my home computer. I also ran a couple errands while Jody slept, and stuff like that.

I went out to the pool and stuck my feet in while I made phone calls, not terribly unpleasant outside. It will be a long day tomorrow, Jody has a 10:30 AM appointment with his doctor, and I have a meeting at the Board of REALTORS. So that means I will get him to some friends of ours home (Michale & Lynda) at around 7 AM and then to the Board to be there at about 8 AM. I am sure this will all be too early, but I prefer to be early as opposed to being late.

Okay, that is pretty much it for today. Small dinners tonight because I am still kind of full from lunch. Be a kind person to someone, and it will come back to you many times. Maybe you could make a small charitable donation to a hospital in your area. It couldn't hurt! Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment