Sunday, July 19, 2009

Day Two Hundred...

Okay, another weekend is shot, and tomorrow starts another work week. I love the way I make a living, but I also love the time away from it...the time I get to spend doing things around the farm and the time I have just to do nothing if that is what I wish. I am very selfish of my time away fro the office, and I am looking forward to spending more time at the farm and doing nothing. Let's see, another ten years or so and I should be right where I need to be...

Today was another good day. The old saying goes "the very worst day you can imagine in (fill in the blank here for your favorite place) is better than the best day in (repeat the previous instructions). And that is the way I feel about where we live now. You cannot beat a day in the country.

I got up rather late and got coffee made, and went and fetched the newspaper. After reading the paper, I went out and picked more figs, and took them to our neighbors Randy and Irene (who were not at home). I left them on the porch, and did not leave a note, I do not think there are that many fig trees around here, so I expect they know where they came from. If not, then they can just attribute them to the anonymous fig delivery system.

After that, I took fresh hay bales to both the pastures in the back, one where the cattle are right now, and one in the other pasture, so when they get moved over there, I will have already done that. NEWS FLASH: Mr. Speckles has lost his nose ring somewhere, so he is no longer a 'punk' bull, he is just more main stream now. We were told his ring would fall out, but we expected it to fall out a long time ago, and I just noticed it today. All the cattle are happy, and they were made even happier because I gave them some feed this morning, as a ploy to distract them while I was moving hay bales. Works like a charm every time! The littlest new heifer calf is really getting big, and I still expect a couple more calves before the end of the year. We shall see.

Jody and I went into Hutto to the Lowe's store and got a water filter for the ice maker in the refrigerator. We also stopped at Walgreen's for a couple things, and then, don't you just know it, we were right there in Taylor on the way home and stopped at Dairy Queen for our weakly 'spoiler'. Yum, yum!

Once we got home, we both took a little nap, and I watched a NetFlix movie that had come in. We are planning to watch another flick later this evening, and we will make full disclosure if it is any good.

Had dinner tonight at Catfish Parlour, again a yummy treat. Always good food at the Catfish Parlour. So, that is pretty much it for now, try to remember to do something nice for someone, and as long as you are at it, you have my permission to do something nice for yourself as well. Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment