Friday, July 24, 2009

Day Two Hundred Five...

It was 'Friday Steak Night' at the Bartlett Filling Station Restaurant. The advertisement in the BARTLETT TRIBUNE PROGRESS (Serving Central Texas Since 1886) offers two different steaks "served with Cowboy Sized Baked Potato & Garden Salad from 5 pm - 9 pm, or until they're gone!" We wanted to make sure they weren't gone before we got there (whatever, we were there just after 6 PM) and Jody ordered a couple things they were out of or had removed from the menu before he settled on the Chicken Club sandwich with cole slaw, that he reports was very good. I had a 12 ounce ribeye which was very good, although it must have been a very small sized cowboy in the baked potato department. All-in-all it was very satisfactory, and we both hope they continue to do well and prosper. We will go back, and we like the country atmosphere.

We got off to an early start this morning, Jody had a mid-morning doctors appointment, and I had a hearing at the Board that I could not reschedule. So, I took Jody to some friends (Lynda & Michael) and then I left to get the the Board of REALTORS by 8 AM. Everything worked out really well, and Lynda was a dear friend to take Jody to the doctor and then bring him home all the way out here.

The doctors appointment went well (a follow-up to the 'routine' surgery of yesterday) and all parties are satisfied that everything was successful. Good, good, good! Another follow-up appointment will take place in about two weeks.

After the hearing this morning, I headed for the office, but stopped first at What-A-Burger for my lunch. A REALTOR that had been in one of my classes a few weeks ago had asked if she could meet with me for some individual counseling, and we decided the best use of our time would be to do it over the telephone. In today's mail, she sent me a gift card to What-A-Burger...the perfect thing for me! Wonderful. Not necessary but certainly appreciated. Some (okay, probably most) people in the world are still kind and thoughtful, and it was just really a very nice thing for her to do. It made me feel good.

Anyway, I took care of some office stuff, and TOM, our chief-assistant and all around fabulous person has a new car, very nice indeed. Congratulations to him, he is very excited about it.

Left the office and traffic was not cooperating and it took me longer to get home today than it has taken me in maybe six weeks. I have been spoiled lately by the ease in getting into and out of town. I know this won't last long, UT will be back in session soon, and traffic will again become a burden. BUT, you will hear no complaining from me, just running commentaries of the daily routine, here, every day, same time, same channel.

Try to do something nice for someone you care about, and if you have any extra kindness saved up and can afford to pass that kindness around, perhaps you could do something kind for a total stranger. Hold a door open, carry a package, help someone cross the street, whatever, it does not need to be a big thing. And, as long as we are on the subject, it will be nice for you to do something nice for yourself while you are at it. Just try to remember to have fun every day, and try to laugh as often as you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment