Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day One Hundred Ninety Five...

Well, today has been a long day, and I am ready to be sleeping. It was an early day in the office, and I did not sleep too well last night. Sometimes, after teaching, I really think I am too tired to sleep. I know that sounds odd, but I really think that is what is happening. Anyway, I got up and did all my usual stuff, and one of those things is to see what is going on with my FaceBook friends. It seems like a lot of people had a hard time sleeping last night. Maybe it is allergies, maybe the lack of a really good full moon, or maybe everyone is just plain old stressed out. Who knows?

We are kind of plagued with little mice in the house. Well, we do live out in the country, and we have seen mice ever since we lived here, but it is getting a little bit out of control. The cat is bringing us 'presents' on a nightly basis now, so it is time for real action. I went up in the attic this morning to see if I could find any little varmint evidence, but no such luck. We are having a guy come out on Friday morning to take care of our 'little issues' and that should be the end of that. Leave it up to the professionals, that is not the highest and best use of my time.

It has been so very hot here, I went out and checked on the cattle for the last few mornings, just to make sure they have water. I would really hate it if they had some sort of water malfunction and I did not know about it. They need lots of water in this heat. The news this morning said that, over last summer and this summer, central Texas has broken 40 heat records, and it looks like we still may break more. The record high for today is 108 degrees, so I think that record is safe. The hottest it has been here (since I have lived here) was 115 degrees, and that was about five or six years ago. Hot stuff!

Our neighbors Hubert and Pauline brought us some fig preserves and some canned figs. I cannot wait to try them, and I am betting they are going to be good. We have lots more figs on the tree out there, and we will be picking them (maybe) tomorrow and probably for another week or two. Country neighbors are good neighbors to have! We are really lucky people.

Do something kind for someone, try not to take advantage of anyone, and always be true to your word. Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment