Friday, July 31, 2009

Day Two Hundred Twelve...

Don't think it can't happen just because you live in the country. The speed limit going through Walburg 'proper' is 30 miles per hour, and there is adequate warning of that fact. There is a sign that indicates that the speed limit is going to be reduced, and then WHAMMO it is 30 MPH. I really do try to pay attention and respect the speed limit, and I know what the speed limit is...I go through Walburg EVERY SINGLE DAY. I have NEVER EVER seen a representative of ANY law enforcement agency in Walburg...until today. AND, it WAS NOT me that they got! Just past Dale's Essenhaus, just beyond the Walburg Community Center, there they were with their sparkly lights a flashin' (I think it was a Sheriff's car) had someone pulled over and I am assuming it was because they were speeding. It is obvious to me that, the older I get the slower I drive. Once while Jody and I were going down I-35, a friend of ours (Margaret) happened to be behind us, and they phoned from the next county to tell us they had just passed us and did we need any help, we were driving so slowly. Another time I was driving down HWY 290 and another friend (Juana) was behind me and chastised me for driving so slowly. She apologized when I told her I was only driving slowly because I was talking on the phone, checking my e-mails, and sending text messages all at the same time. How dare she criticize!

Today was a busy day, the last day of the month and folks are moving out and moving in all at the same time. So, it will all be over but the shouting early next week, and everything will be back to normal. I have appointments to show property tomorrow, so that is a good thing, and I should be back home at a reasonable hour.

Jody got his new cook-top installed today, and it is very nice. He took it for a test drive by cooking rice, and he reports that it is much superior to the previous cook-top. We will be taking the other one to the Habitat for Humanity Restore in Georgetown tomorrow or the next day. If you are even in the neighborhood, be sure to stop by and admire the new cook-top!

I attended (sort of) a memorial service for my friend Janna this morning. She was loved and admired by many as was evidenced by the attendants. Standing room only, and a line around the block. I saw a few other friends and acquaintances of mine (Dawn had on a dress) but I did not stay. I had a quick chat with Janna and let her know that I believed in my heart she knew how I felt about her, and it was not necessary for me to stay there. I hope I was able to express to her my love and caring for her while she was alive, and I think she knew. We always had a lot of fun together. She started out as a client of mine, but we grew to be friends. I also got her started making pottery, and that was always fun. She may no longer walk this plane, but I will never forget her, and I firmly believe that as long as you have memories, your friends will always live. Janna (and many more of my friends who have gone before me) will always live in my heart.

So, go tell those you love that you care, and you always will. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment