Saturday, July 4, 2009

Day One Hundred Eighty Five...

All Hail the Fourth of July Weekend is officially under way, and I think more people are working this weekend than in the recent past. I mentioned to someone yesterday that I would be showing properties this morning, and she (Debbie) remarked that she did not think this weekend would be one of rest and reflection for most of the country. A little bit of hot dogs and apple pie (cherry in our case) co-mingled with getting a little bit of work done here and there. But, I believe we are all gratified that we live AND WORK someplace where all that is possible. We are nothing if not a mix of the good and the bad; a blending of virtue and vice; of generosity and greed. We will make the best of it, and be better for it. We would all be better off if we were not afraid of one another. We quite often fear that which we do not understand, and I fear we do not take the time to understand each other. A vicious, unrewarding cycle of repetition.

Okay, thanks for reading that. And now, for something completely different...

Today's' photo is compliments of Jody...the flags and flagpole were Jody's gift to me for our 17th Anniversary, and he could not have chosen a better gift for me. I love the flag of our country, and I love the flag of Texas. I cannot think of two more simple yet meaningful symbols of all that we hold dear. If any of you know me really well, you know that I have had flags displayed at all of my homes since about 1982. It is just something that I think is important.

My first appointment today was relatively under-whelming, not sure if there will be a positive outcome or not (although statistically speaking NOT will rule the day). The second appointment was really fun and rewarding, I am working with two clients that I like a lot, and they are pretty sure about what they are looking for in a property. That always makes life easier and more productive.

On my way home, I called and Jody had already had lunch, so I stopped at a convenient drive-thru and partook of the dollar menu, and I am now happily ensconced in the house, getting ready to put a NetFlix selection in the DVD player and probably doze off and take a little nap. Not a terrible way to spend the Holiday. Later on, it will be more food and then a dip in the pool, and then to bed to start all over again tomorrow.

Put your hand over your heart, count your blessings, do something kind for someone who is not expecting it, and be glad for your riches. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment