Monday, July 20, 2009

Day Two Hundred One...

This entry has all the makings of probably the most BORING of all entries so far this year!

This was a busy day, and very productive! Lots of stuff going on in the office, just like most Mondays. Nothing of any real interest to report, so BORING.

This is going to be a relatively short week for me, since I will be out of the office on Thursday and most of the day on Friday. I know there will be consequences for me playing hooky, but that will just have to be. I will let you know all the details of my hooky-later.

I will have a nice ride home this afternoon, I need to stop by one of our managed properties in Leander on the way home, and that is always a nice ride, as long as I am not in a hurry. There may be some good photo opportunities there as well.

Okay, I am home now, and my heading out to Leander was a good move on my part, saved me from reported traffic nightmares on all the major roads around Austin. I made a stop at one of the properties we manage, and got a picture of this miniature burro (or donkey or ass or whatever). My friend Claye tried to explain the difference to me in the early days of this journal, but it did not take. Anyway, this is not a young animal, but it is very small. Now I cannot quit thinking about the 'pygmy ponies' in the Frank Zappa song from my fraternity days in Memphis. I am doomed!

I did go outside a little bit ago (trying to get a cell signal) and I had an up close and personal account with a ruby throated hummingbird (I think, I am not an expert). It checked me out pretty well, I guess I was just a little bit too close to its' feeder, but it was pretty fun, and that is probably the closest I have ever been to a hummer (the flapping kind, not the guzzling kind).

Keep your fingers crossed that something interesting comes my way in the next day or two, or we are all doomed to the boring. Be nice to yourself, and that will give you an opportunity to be nice to someone else. Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment