Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day One Hundred Ninety Two...

WOW, it is the weekend, and it is pretty much over already. I think we should change the weekends to last three days instead of only two. You can hardly get started on the weekend for the first day, and then, just as soon as you get into the groove, it is already over. We could make Sunday the hump day, and then get rid of Mondays all together. So, all in favor of making the weekends last three day, say aye...

I stayed in bed late this morning, did not make it out of bed until around 6 AM, and once I got up, I got coffee made, checked e-mails, went out for the paper, the usual stuff. Once Jody got up, I went out to the back and proceeded to move the cattle from one pasture to the other. In the three weeks that I keep them in pasture to pasture, the water troughs get pretty dirty, so I emptied the trough in this pasture and refilled it. Pretty pristine for the cattle if I do say so myself. Plus I kind of bribed them to move to the other pasture this morning with some 'cattle cubes' which is basically a feed that they like, and that they usually only get in the winter time. SO, whatever works is good for me. You have to remember that cattle are not really the most intelligent of all the creatures , so you really have to lead them, and they get confused easily. They can see you with food for them, but they really cannot comprehend that they have to walk through a gate somewhere to get from one pasture to another. 'As the crow flies' was thought up with cattle in mind. They think they should be able to just go in a straight line from one point to another. Maybe life would be simpler (I am certain that it would be) if we all thought like cattle, but then, I am sure there would be unintended consequences to that as well...

We left the house about 9:15 this morning to go to an auction in Thorndale, which is about 40 or 50 miles from here according to Google Maps, but the way we go cuts off about 10 miles. We did not have anything particular in mind that we were looking for, just going for something to do. Interestingly, our neighbors Hubert & Pauline were there, and we are always amazed that we see our neighbors from out here in interesting places, and we see our neighbors here lots more than we ever saw our neighbors in the city. Anyway, we did not see anything interesting enough to stick around for, so we came on home.

We stopped in Taylor for a 'spoiler' (if you read this blog enough, you know what a spoiler is), and then Jody wanted to stop at WalMart for a few grocery items. Once we got home, it was nap time, and after naps, I had a call from the neighbor of one of the properties I have listed that the sprinkler system was running too much and flooding his yard. We went into Round Rock to shut that system down, but we cannot imagine that the sprinkler was causing any damage, but oh, well.

I have appointments to show property tomorrow, and I will stop in the office and get a little bit of work done. I am teaching a couple classes on Monday at the Austin Board, so I won't be in the office that day, and teaching is always fun, especially when you enjoy the topic being presented!

So, try to stay cool (it is only 101 degrees here as I write this), do something nice for someone who will not expect it from you, and try to be kind to yourself as well. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment