Monday, July 27, 2009

Day Two Hundred Eight...

Okay, well this is certainly not news, but I left my other camera at the office this afternoon (and I had a great photo for this post, it will have to wait until tomorrow) and I needed something for today's post. I tried to take a picture of the crack in my windshield that has grown about 1000% in the last two weeks because of the extreme heat, but that did not work. So...here we are in the middle of the worst drought in about 30 years, and I am publishing photos of the obvious. Whatever...

I stayed in the office ALL DAY today except to go to lunch with Carrie and Margaret. I did some end of the month stuff, but mainly concentrated on preparing for two classes I will be teaching a week from Wednesday and Thursday. I am way ahead of the curve in preparation, and I will have everything done by the end of this week, so I can take off (take off from preparing that is) the weekend and Monday and Tuesday of next week, when I will just review a little bit, and let all the knowledge sink in. I like being prepared, and these two classes are on subjects that I am familiar with. Many of the classes I teach touch on subjects from one or more other classes I teach, and sometimes you forget which class you are instructing. Wish me luck!

106 degrees on the drive home this afternoon, and no real serious chances for rain in the forecasts. We will all just dry up and fly away. I am not sure why we are not experiencing 'dust bowl' problems. I get updates about the drought quite often to share with our tenants and landlords, it is really bad and landscaping is really going to suffer. There is not enough water to keep stuff alive in conditions like this.

I have an early appointment at the house in the morning, so I will be heading into the office late, but that will be okay. I can do stuff from home before I leave for the office. Electronic communications are amazing things. We all live in a world full of wonder and change, and sometimes I wonder how I am going to cope with all the change!

Do something nice for someone, and be kind to yourself as well. Don't forget to have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment