Monday, July 6, 2009

Day One Hundred Eighty Seven...

Well, I am going to try and upload a little movie that I made yesterday when we thought we might get some rain...but of course not. No rain yesterday, no rain today, but there is still a chance that we will get a little bit of rain overnight. AND I keep hearing encouraging words from the weather folks that there may be an El Nino system brewing in the Pacific, so that will ultimately mean the end of the drought we have been experiencing here for the past several years. Nothing breaks a drought like a good flood.

Today was a busy day, and it was back to the routine in the office. Lots of things to do and get caught up on. I had a 10 AM appointment in the office to do a lease signing, and I have not done a lease signing in a long time. Usually when I do a lease signing, I would go into the conference room and NOT close the door to the lobby, but Tom or wonderful assistant has taken over the duties of lease signings, and when he does it, he always closes the door from the conference room to the lobby. Well, I was in the conference room and I did not realize that Tom had closed the door (the glass door) and I had to get up to retrieve something from my office, and I crashed (not literally) into the glass door. I am sure it was quite a spectacle, and there will be talk of it for quite some time to come. I can be such a sad little man at times, but that is another story!

Anyway... After that, I had an appointment to meet with a client in Spicewood (about 35 miles from the office), at a new home subdivision. The client is Sandi, the mother of my friend Bryan. The meeting at the builders office was really only a few minutes, and on the way back to the office, I stopped by Bryan's new home and studio for the grand tour. Remarkable...he is really great at space planning and remodeling homes. The place is magnificent. Congratulations! I got back to the office, and did some more work, and I had taken a list of calls I needed to make with me, since I was going to be in the car for a while, and got lots of stuff done on the way to Spicewood and back. It is interesting how tings go, a property can just rock along with no issues for years, and then suddenly it is like the dams burst and there are several problems to correct all at one time. Interesting how things work out. I left the office and got home at a reasonable time, and that was good.

The electric co-op here where we live installed a new electric meter at the house, and I do not know how to interpret this one, so I will need to call them tomorrow because I want to keep up with the electrical usage and the performance of the wind generators. So, if the short video works on this post, you will see the wind generators in action...if not, I will replace it with a still photo... Hmmm, it seems to have worked, so I willnow embark on uploading more interesting videos in the future. Stay tuned!

Now, it is time to think about a good deed you can do for someone, someone who is not expecting it of you. It is nothing painful, just something nice. Why just this afternoon, I refrained from using vulgar language to someone that had just cut me off in traffic and caused me to apply my brakes in a purposeful manner, lest I cream them with the front end of my car. You can do it, I know you can. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment