Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day One Hundred Eighty Nine...

Well good afternoon boys and girls, I hope everyone is having a great time this fine day. I have a headache, I think it is allergies, and it will probably go away in a couple hours. Stress maybe? We will see.


Just for kicks, I am uploading a video I took several months ago, when it was still cool and windy out at the farm. It is basically just a video of the cattle feeding, and the latest calf was not yet born. In the video, you will see Daphne and her calf Violet, and Daphne had a calf a couple months after this video was taken.


Last night in the pool, a monarch butterfly decided to come and spend about ten minutes next to me, and then he/she/it (they all look the same) made several passes over the pool and actually strafed the pool for some water several times. I got out of the pool to get my little flip/video and of course, the butterfly never made another appearance. Same thing with the humming birds...when I am just out there, they are everywhere, but when I am waiting for them with a camera, they are just a bunch of no-shows.


Hopefully, the videos will be better in the future, bear with me...

Jody had a couple appointments in Austin today, we we went in together. In between appointments, we went over to Freddie's for lunch, I was craving sweet potato fries, but there were not really that great today. The Blue Plate special was Chile-Cheese Dogs, so that was a no brainer. Pretty darn good, and since I am trying to lost a few pounds that I have recently gained, I kind of did without the buns. That was an easy thing.

I went back to the office and got a good bit of stuff accomplished, and some of those things were things I had been putting off and putting off. Papers that I had been shuffling from one pile to another in an attempt to avoid, but now they are dealt with, and I do not have to face them any more. A good sense of accomplishment.

The ride home was really ordinary, except for the fact that the thermometer reported the temperature to be 110 degrees. Our nuclear powered weather stations in the house are reporting a relatively cool 106.5 degrees. Okay, I am officially tired of the heat, and we are not even half way through it. We average about twenty days in the summer with temperatures over 100, and today is the 19th day this year. Crap!

So, if you see a person less fortunate than yourself while you are out and about, you might think of doing some small kindness for them. Or, go and volunteer at Meals-On-Wheels or some other charity of your choice. Maybe you can go to Wal-Mart and buy a couple box fans and deliver them to your local elder-care office, or a couple bags of dog or cat food and deliver them to the local humane shelter. Kindness can be achieved in many different ways, just think outside what you think people might expect of you, and you will find the answer. Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment