Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Day Three Hundred One...

Well, the thing we all know for sure is...one thing leads to another. I was in my office this morning, minding my own business, and wondering what I could do to keep myself busy. Not that I did not have plenty of stuff to do, but we were cutting over to our new web-site this morning (scheduled for 10AM), and in my mind, that meant that our Internet service and e-mail would not be functioning for a period of time. So, that meant that I needed to find something to keep me occupied. Okay, so it would be a logical thing to clean my office. It had more or less become a storage shed for all kinds of things that really needed to be stored elsewhere. I am posting one or two photos of the 'before'...well, really more like 'the middle' of the process, but by the time lunch was needed, I was pretty much completed and had already made a trip to the storage place, where I have now basically 'hidden' all the clutter that was in the office. Whatever works...

Anyway, I may post a photo of the 'after' tomorrow, just for reference. Today's photos do not really show the worst of it...just some chaos as a result of cleaning off bookshelves, and researching what I could bear to part with, etc. My desk is really not ever as cluttered as that...but the floors are a different story all together!

So, this morning I got some work done for a class that I am reviewing for NARPM, a class on Tenancy. It will be an on-line class, and I am kind of doing a review and timing the class before it is made public. This afternoon, Tom (our FABULOUS Assistant) and I went to visit a property that we are having extensively renovated; we expected the painting to be completely finished, and it was not. After that is finished, we will have the floors redone, and then get it back on the lease market, and find the next set of tenants for the property. It will be really cute and affordable. A win/win deal for everyone.

After that, I worked on putting together a certification package for a professional designation I have been working on since July of 2008. I expect that I will submit the package in the next week or so, the deadline is November 17th. It is quite an extensive package, and there was a lot of criteria to be completed before I could submit for the designation. And the interesting thing is, as soon as I receive that designation, I will immediately apply for another designation, and that designation cannot possibly be completed before this time in the year 2011. That certainly seems like a long time away, but it will be here before we know it.

Is there any book around that could possible be more depressing than Angela's Ashes? That is the book on CD I have been 'reading' for the past week or so...and I am so happy that it is almost finished. It seems especially depressing wince it has been cold(ish) and rainy and grey here for a lot of the time I have been 'reading' it, and the book is a lot about living in Ireland in the late 30's and 40's and being cold, wet, hungry, poor, drunk, ill...all the sad things from that period, not to mention being Catholic on top of all of it. My apologies if I have offended anyone, that is not the intent.

Tomorrow will be another day, and it will be my day to deliver Meals-On-Wheels, so that is always something to look forward to.

Be kind, say something nice, change a bad habit, Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment