Thursday, October 15, 2009

Day Two Hundred Eighty Eight...

LORD OF THE FLIES, flight of the bumble bees! Today is a beautiful day in central Texas...okay, actually it is a little bit warm for the middle of October. The nuclear weather stations says it is 94 degrees. AND the humidity is just a touch excessive. But other than that, it is a beautiful sunshiney day. I was scheduled to have lunch with my friend Deb, and we went to El Chile Cafe y Cantina on the east side of Austin. This was my second time to visit, and it was just as good as the first time. Delicious food. BUT, the flies were going just a little bit crazy, and there were also several bumble bees playing havoc with Deb, who I have learned is not a particular fan of bumble bees. It finally got to the point that we could not enjoy just sitting and talking (that was after we had finished our lunch) and we had to escape. I am not kidding, it was a riot of flies and bees. One bee (I suspect) was even crawling up my pants leg. No panic, just try to act normally! No stings, either! Anyway, it was really nice to have a few minutes to sit down with Deb and just talk about stuff that is going on. She is REALLY a busy person, and I am generally 'over-scheduled' as well, so it was really nice to get to share some time with her. I hope we will be able to do it again soon.

Today was also my Meals-on-Wheels delivery day, and that is always a fun thing to do. One of my clients has already decorated the inside of their house for Christmas. Banners, Christmas Tree, the whole schmere! It may be a little bit too early for some, but these folks obviously believe there is no reason not to celebrate the season!

Okay, so this must be my time for petty annoyances! I am listening to books on CDs as I go to and from home and work. My latest book was 17 CDs, and I finished the 16th CD and the 17th CD is blank. I do not know how the story ends! The subscription place is sending me another set, BUT I WANT TO KNOW HOW THE BOOK ENDS! AND I WANT TO KNOW NOW! Whatever...

Believe it or not department...when I got home from work today, Jody reported that one of the smoke detectors in the house (we have about 150 of them here) was chirping, but he had not been able to definitively figure out exactly which one it was. I was sitting in my big La-Z-Boy chair, sort of in that twilight between consciousness and slobbering down my shirt, when it went off...then again, and again until I decided there would be no snooze before dinner. Anyway, it was found to be the detector between the kitchen and the family room, and that battery has obviously not been replaced in the last 15 minutes (I change batteries in these smoke detectors ALL THE TIME), so now that has been done. I hope nothing starts chirping in the middle of the night.

We are heading out to Dale's Essenhaus for dinner tonight, Jody is in the mood for something burgery, and I think I will have the club sandwich again...or maybe I will make up my mind after I see what the specials are.

Deeds, Words, Actions...Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment