Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Day Two Hundred Ninety Four...

Okay, I am really tired...my day started with a class at 8 o'clock, that went until 3 o'clock. In the middle, there was an hour for lunch, but I went to my room to check my e-mail and take care of some business. I got back to the class with about five minutes to share, and all was good. After that, there was a short meeting at 3:15, then there was a general session at 4 o'clock until 6, and then the trade show opened at 6 o'clock and it is still going on as I speak. This photo is of a group of local Boy Scouts presenting the flags prior to the opening of the business meeting.

This photo is the guest speaker after the business meeting, Steven Oniki...he is an inspirational speaker, and not at all politically correct. His talk was interesting, but maybe I was just too tired to find the humor in some of his speech. Many people around me found it to be quite humorous, and maybe it was. Anyway, there were parts of the talk that I liked, but overall, it was towards the end of a really long day. The Association does some really good things, and the recap of the year was really interesting. There were brief reviews by all the committee chairs (Communications, Finance, Governmental Affairs, Long Range Planning, Member Services, Nominating, Professional Development and Rental Home Professionals) was really very interesting, and they should all be proud of their accomplishments.

After that, there was the trade show, and that will continue for at least another day, so there is no rush. I stopped in and had some munchies and a glass of wine, and now I am in my room, getting ready to do some serious chilling. This photo is looking off my room balcony towards Epcot...sort of at the right side of the photo, you can see a rain shower off in the distance. It did rain here for about twenty minutes, and that was a nice diversion during the class.

I spoke with my friend Mike from Miami this evening, and he is coming into Orlando tomorrow afternoon, and he and I and Carrie will have fun tomorrow night and Friday night. We will all be leaving on Saturday morning, and this trip will be HISTORY!

Be kind to someone who is not expecting it of you...do something nice for someone who has less than you...make a small change in your life that will make the world a better place for all of us...Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment