Sunday, October 11, 2009

Day Two Hundred Eighty Four...

There was no rain forecast for the area today, and so far we have had about three-quarters of an inch of 'no rain' as of this post. The 'no rain' began about 10:30 this morning, and we continued getting heavy amounts of 'no rain' all through the late morning and early afternoon. I was 'no raining' so hard during our drive in to Georgetown that visibility was reduced tremendously. We were intending to do a little bit of shopping, and as long as we were in the area, we decided to stop for a spoiler at Dairy Queen. It was 'no raining' quite vigorously when we got there, but it let up some as we were leaving. This is one of those 'no rain' photos I am so fond of taking. We made it home with no real issues and we pretty much spent the rest of the afternoon watching the 'no rain'. I watched two Net Flix movies in between the 'no rain' events, and right now, the 'no rain' has slacked up a bit. BUT, take heart, they are predicting rain for the first part of the week, so that will be great. We really need the rain, I just hope their predictions are accurate.

This will be a busy week, so I am expecting to leave for the office early on Monday. Lots of work to get done, and I have appointments every day except Wednesday so far. Then next week I will be heading off to Orlando for six days for a NARPM Conference. I think it will be a really good conference, and I am looking forward to it. Then in November I will head out for San Diego for the NAR Convention, and that is always a good meeting. I am really looking forward to that one.

There is really not a lot to past today, basically as a direct result of the 'no rain'. I moved the cattle into the nearer pasture, because the little bull calf keeps getting out of the electric fence. I am going to need to re-think' that one, and I already have sort of a plan to re-work it...I just need to consult with Micheal to see if he thinks the new plan will work. So, considering the 'no rain' today, and the expected rain for the rest of the week, I decided I would concede to the cattle and let them think they won this round. I put them in a closer pasture where the fences are proved to hold in little bull calves. We shall see. It is about time for that little guy to go to his new home, anyway, so his days here are numbered.

Jody has made some pumpkin crisp and it smells wonderfully. Omelets for dinner tonight, and more crocheting. One can never have enough scarves to distribute over the Holidays, can one? Do you think I watched 'The Devil Wears Prada' a few minutes ago...high fashion crocheted scarves? Whatever...

You know the drill...kindness...deeds...changes...Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment