Saturday, October 17, 2009

Day Two Hundred Ninety...

The cattle were looking kind of pitiful this afternoon, so I took pity on them and gave them some feed and then put a fresh bale of hay out for them. I really expect they had been enjoying plenty of fresh grass, but they were looking at me with those big 'cow eyes' and I am just such a pushover, that I gave in and fed them. I had actually gone back there to survey the fence situation in the back pasture. I am hoping that I can get Michael to do some fence work next week while I am out of town, and I was trying to count up how many t-posts and wire I would need, so I could go into Georgetown this afternoon and get the supplies, so it would be not so much trouble for Michael. ANYWAY, by the time I finished feeding the cattle and putting out the hay for them, I forgot how many posts I thought I would need, so I just kind of guessed on that when I went into Tractor Supply. Whatever...

Just a side-note...this is what the tractor looks like with a 1,200 pound bale of hay on it...more than I can lift!

The day started out nicely, a good calm morning, and I left the house about 8:30 to go into town for a 10 o'clock appointment. Actually I had two appointments at the same house, so I had one set meet me at 10 o'clock and the other meet me at 10:20. Everything worked out nicely, but no applications. I was also able to stop in the office both before and after the appointments, so that was good. Still trying to get as much stuff done as I can before leaving town on Monday afternoon. I will never get everything done, but I can get a lot of it done. AND I will have my electronic leashes with me anyway, so I will be able to do business remotely. Never out of touch, the new American way...or is that Never able to relax? One of those.

When I got home this afternoon, the guy that is installing the pool cover was here doing the final measurements, and I guess we will have a pool cover in another week or two. That will be a big help with all the leaves and wind around here. And I think we can cancel the pool cleaning guy for a while, at least until the next season. Since the pool is salt water and it generates its own chlorine, it should kind of take care of itself for the winter. We will keep running the filter system and keep everything running, just the skimming and leaf skimming should be cut way back. We shall see...

Jody and I left and went into Georgetown to get some supplies, and of course while we were there we had to stop at Dairy Queen for spoilers. Basically, we hope to have no reasons to leave the house tomorrow. Miguel is coming tomorrow with a crew to work in the yard, so that should keep us busy, and then I will begin packing for being out of town for a week. That is a long time to be gone, and I am torn...I am looking forward to the convention, but I do not like being away for such a long time. Whatever...

Texas won the football game today, yippee-skippee...16 - 13, but I bet it was a good game. Maybe they need to work on their karma...deeds, actions, kindness, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment