Sunday, October 18, 2009

Day Two Hundred Ninety One...

It is another beautiful day here in central Texas, wonderfully blue clear skies, temperature in the 70's and very low humidity. The morning glories are being all glorious, and it is just another reminder that life is grand, and I am most likely the luckiest person in the whole entire world. Woo-Hoo! EDIT: I am very happy that I took the photos of the morning glories...one of the guys working in the yard 'weed-eated' the morning glories at their bas, so they are no longer being very glorious. They had just recovered from all the heat of the summer, and were just beautiful. Well, it just goes to show you, you get what you pay for! Boo-Hoo!

The day got off to a busy start...I am getting closer and closer to my trip to Florida for the NARPM convention, and I have gotten all the (okay, two) begs ready to be packed, found the locks for the one checked bag, got my boarding pass printed, all that kind of mundane stuff that needs to happen. Most likely I will begin the packing process tonight after we come home from dinner. No sense in jumping into anything.

Miguel arrived at about 9 o'clock this morning, with four other guys to try and get some of the yard into some kind of shape. We could easily become the 'Grey Gardens' of the south. With a little bit of rain (okay almost twenty inches in the last month or so), things are growing to beat the band, and easily can get out of control. Right now, Miguel has hooked the shredder up to the tractor and is trying to get some of the tall grass closest to the pastures cut down. It will be a long process but it has to be done.

It is late afternoon now, and the packing gig is starting to get a little bit more serious. We are going to head out to the Catfish Parlor here is just a little bit, but I am already starting to put stuff in the cases to take along. I expect I will seriously over pack, as I always do, but I will try to keep things under control.

Have a nice rest of whatever part of your day is left, I am gonna go eat catfish!

No comments:

Post a Comment