Thursday, October 29, 2009

Day Three Hundred Two...

It was seventy-nine degrees this morning (in the dark) during my drive into the office. That is too warm for the early morning at the end of October...too warm. Right now, the nuclear weather station reports the temperature to be 76 degrees, and there is a cold-front coming through the area as I type this. I wonder how much it will cool off the temperatures? Two or 3 degrees? It was sprinkling a little bit this morning when I went out to get the paper, and it rained on me pretty much for the entire drive to Austin. It quit for a while, then it started again. So far, we have about a half-inch of rain in the gauge, so that will pretty much put us over 10 inches for the month before it is over. This photo is just one of the lane that goes back to one of the pastures. Our tanks are FULL and the ground is soggy with water. We need about a week of no rain and good sunshine so we can cut and bale hay. We will see...

Today was my Meals-on-Wheels day, and I only had four clients today. I made it without getting rained on, and on the way back to the office I stopped at a portable hot dog trailer (advertising Chicago Style hot dogs) and placed my lunch order. Of course, between placing my order and getting back in the car, it started a downpour, and I was soaked. The parking lot was decomposed granite, so I had little specks of granite all over my pants, and my shoes may never recover. If that is the worst that happens to me from here on out, I am a lucky guy! Remember, I am 'reading' Angela's Ashes, so I am pretty much thinking I have no reasons to complain about ANYTHING. I am a lucky, LUCKY man!

I got a good bit of work done at the office, and tomorrow I will be in a class with (I expect) some friends, and the Instructor is very good and a good friend as well, Marcie. I am looking forward to it. Marcie's classes are always interesting and topical, so I will come away from the day with lots of good information.

I think Jody and I are heading out somewhere for dinner tonight, not sure where just yet, but I will let you know tomorrow. My new car tags came today, so I am pretty close to being official 100%. Now all I have to do is put them on the car! Maybe tomorrow.

Kindness, Small Changes, Deeds, Fun! Not a bad mantra if I do say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment