Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day Two Hundred Eighty Seven...

Okay, so here is how my day went...just keep in mind that it all turned out perfectly, and all is good. I got into the office really early because I did not want to miss the windshield replacement person, who was scheduled to arrive between 8AM and Noon. When he arrived at a very reasonable time, I asked him if he would be able to save my registration sticker and my current inspection sticker. He replied in the affirmative, but told me that my registration sticker was already expired...it had expired in May! I was very surprised. Anyway, I went back into my office and called the auto registration person and was informed that not only had the registration expires but actually some one else had 'snatched' (my words) my personalized license plate. So, who knows how long I had been driving around with both an expired registration and a license plate that no longer belonged to me. Yippee! I am relaying this information to you (so far) in one paragraph...it was not such a condensed version when I was being informed of this development.

Okay, so I went to Cedar Park to register my car...as long as I was there, I thought I would see if I could get a different personalized plate and, oh what the heck, go ahead and get the snazzy 'I AM A TEXAS REALTOR' plates that benefit the Texas Association of REALTORS. The only reason I had not already done so was because I had personalized plates that pretty much identified me as a REALTOR, and I thought I should keep what I had...BUT, as long as was going to make a change, I would look into it.

As it turned out, I got a very nice woman at the registration office, and we came up with a good personalized plate, and life was good. I then left to have my car inspected, and while waiting for the inspection, I came up with many BETTER personalizations for the car tag. I went on to inspect one of our managed properties and could not get the better plate IDs out of my head. I was almost back to the office when I decided it was too big of a deal to settle for second best, so I turned around, drove back another 20 miles to the place, and started over again. BUT, the main thing is that I will be satisfied now, and all of this had a wonderful ending. What is meant to be is not always what we think should be, but (wait for it...wait for it...here it comes) it is what it is.

Otherwise, life is good, and it was a relatively uneventful day. Of course, part of that is because I had little time for anything else! I got back to the office and did some 'power real estate' and then headed home. On the way, I stopped by one of our managed properties to make sure it is ready for a new set of tenants who are moving in on Friday. All is well.

I am home now, and all cozy and happy. I am really bad about getting excited over matters that really don't matter. So, I try to remember, 'not to sweat over the small stuff, and it is all small stuff'. I am really trying to be a kinder, gentler, calmer, more compassionate, less self-centered, more understanding, less judgmental, more whatever Bill.

Good deeds, kind words, small changes, Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment