Friday, October 23, 2009

Day Two Hundred Ninety Six...

Okay, I give in...it is official...I am SICK...not well...contagious... And, obviously delirious from this photo that was taken at Downtown Disney just this afternoon. It is a photo of (allegedly) Snow White and Cinderella, but I must be so feverish that the focus was totally wrong...and basing this assumption on the shadow of Cinderella, it was take at about 5 o'clock. NO, REALLY...I guess I have given in to the viral (or hopefully just the allergens) contaminates of Orlando. All these people, all these confined spaces...it all results in a veritable breeding ground for catastrophe. Or, maybe it is just the fact that I got my flu shot a couple weeks ago, and it is widely known and well documented that getting your flu shot will automatically cause you to succumb to the virus. Whatever...

I finished my last seminar at the conference this morning, and came upstairs and took a short nap...I have been getting in extra little naps, mainly because my mucous discharge (if you don't want to read it, what can I say, I'M SICK!) is very irritating, and I can really get no prolonged sleep without chemical additives. Anyway, after the nap, Mike and Carrie and I went over to Downtown Disney again, we got there about 4 o'clock, and had lunch at Fulton's Crab House, which looks like an old paddle wheeler docked in the middle of this man-made lagoon. The miracle of Disney. Dinner was very good, and we left there and walked around some more. I was able to find some lozenges and some fake Sudafed, so I am hoping I will get some relief later on (sooner than later would be excellent).

Mike and I had our pictures taken with Poo and Tigger, as long as we were in the neighborhood. We walked around a while more, and ended up walking back to the Hotel...my leg complained all the way. I really think I will be visiting the doctor soon, and I expect arthroscopic surgery will be the way to go. BUT, maybe I will be given the cortisone shot first, and that might work to allow me to WALK like any other member of the species. We shall see. So, as we got back to the Hotel, we stopped into the little Hotel store in the basement, and loaded up on junk food to last the rest of the night. Key Lime Pie in a little plastic clam shell was my choice, and I can hear it calling me even now.

So, I am pretty much done for the night...I have prescription drugs to ingest, and television shows to vegetate in front of. I hope to have some recuperation before I have to get on the plane tomorrow and start this process all over again. I think those giant aluminum cylinders with wings act like a giant petri dish at this time of year, and my advice to all of you it to WASH YOUR HANDS!

Kindnesses, Good Deeds, Actions...Vicks Ny-Quil...Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment