Monday, October 12, 2009

Day Two Hundred Eighty Five...

BLECCHHH! There, I said it, and I am making no apologies. Say what you want, I do not have THAT SHORT of a memory...I know we are in the middle of the worst drought in modern times, I know we really need the rain, I know we are all glad that is is raining...just give me some rain with some sunshine...my grandmother used to say 'The Devil is beating his wife' whenever it was raining and the sun was shining. Well, I am all about that particular kind of spousal abuse. I am tired of the grey days, and the clouds and the fog and the dampness and the humidity! GIVE ME SOME SUNSHINE! I want to see a shadow!

Okay, I feel a little bit better now, but not really that much. I promise not to raise my voice for the balance of this post.

Today was like the last several days...except that I had to get out in it and drive into Austin. Very foggy (several days ago I referred to the fog as 'ethereal' but not today). Today the fog was just a traffic accident waiting to happen. Traffic was jumbled up all around, and I was just happy to get into the office with no real issues. The day at the office was a good one, and we got a lot of things done for a Monday. Tom and I went next door for lunch, where, since it was a Holiday, they were not offering any lunch specials. So I had the dinner salad and a glass of water. Of course, I had the chips and salsa, it would have been impolite if I would have ignored them, since they did bring then to the table.

I had a 10 o'clock appointment, and then this afternoon I left the office to go and pick up my income tax (for 2008) to get it in the mail tomorrow. I am actually early this year, the deadline is Thursday, and I will get it in the mail on Tuesday, a new record (almost). Anyway, I am due a refund so we are just gonna 'let it ride' and apply it to the 2009 taxes due. The life of the self-employed. My CPA was giving me all kinds of information about what I need to be doing to keep records of the income and expenses for the farm. Another accounting class in the making.

Tomorrow is the local NARPM chapter luncheon, and that is always interesting. Wednesday I am having the windshield of my car replaced (if it does not rain). Rain is predicted for tomorrow, but Wednesday is only a 30% chance. I remember the days (when I was young) that a 30% chance of rain meant dust for dinner! Whatever...

I think the temperature hit 70 degrees today, and that is nice, but I do indeed miss the sun. So...nothing more about that in this post...

Good deeds, kind words, small changes, SUNSHINE, Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment