Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Day Two Hundred Ninety Three...

Busy day today...just as I was really getting comfortable in this Hotel bed, it was time to get up...okay, not really, but I figured I needed to get up, because if I did not, I would sleep through the breakfast and the first part of the class, and I have this thing about setting alarm clocks. I just don't do it... Today was a class provided by the Disney Institute, 'Disney's Approach to Leadership Excellence'. As with everything Disney, it was a very well done presentation, very professional, and I learned a lot that I can use both in my career path and in my teaching efforts. It was very well received by the attendees, and I am glad that Carrie and I took the class.

Tonight, we will continue that theme of 'Leadership Disney' with a backstage event at Disney's EPCOT; dinner at 'The Living Sea' exhibit (I have no idea yet as to what to expect), entertainment (more I don't knows), a private viewing of the fireworks and a dessert buffet. I will give a full report later!

Kind of cloudy and overcast in Orlando today, but it is a very comfortable temperature, and the humidity seems pleasantly low. I really do not expect it to rain anytime soon (maybe later in the week), but so far so good. Did I mention that my room is on the 26th floor? Well, it is, so I have a really nice view, and even a little terrace, probably 30 square feet and a triangular shape, with two cute little plastic wicker chairs and a little round table. It's really all I need, so no issues.

Okay, back from Walt Disney World, and I have to say it was pretty fun. We took a bus ride to Epcot, and we were ushered into 'The Living Sea'. Pretty neat place, it is like being in a large municipal aquarium, only not a lot of people, nice carpets, a pretty good buffet dinner, a two piece really great jazzy group (Plexiglas grand piano and a bass), and cocktails. Groovy! I really did enjoy this part of the function, and it is really interesting to see how things are done at Disney. Interestingly, backstage there is evidence of 'litter'. I have NEVER seen a piece of litter in the actual Disner Parks (they are kind of finicky that way), but 'backstage' was a little bit more normal. Not trashy or unkempt, just not perfect!

I don't have any estimate of how many hundreds of thousands of gallons the 'habitat' was, but there were lots of fish, very large turtles (or tortoises, I never remember the difference...it is like stalagmites and stalactites), AND cast members in scuba gear that interact with the dinner guests. Pretty Fun!

After dinner, we had plenty of time to mingle with the other attendees, and then it was time to head off to the fireworks. The promo said we would see the fireworks from a private patio...and it was really nice. We had a pretty good walk from the dining area to the patio area, but we did indeed have front row seats for the fireworks. And we got there in plenty of time before the fireworks started, to enjoy the dessert buffet. Lots of different desserts...and I concentrated on chocolate. I expect I will be ill just any minute now! Then, a short walk from the patio area to 'backstage' again, and then onto the buses, where we headed back to the Hotel.

Now, time for beddy-bye.

Deeds, Actions, Kindness, Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment