Sunday, October 25, 2009

Day Two Hundred Ninety Eight...

Feeling better after 14 hours of sleep. I really think that sleep is the best curative there is...second to self-medication and scotch...but sleep is a good thing. I very wise person taught me that sleep is good for what ails you, and that person is very much loved and respected by me!

Once I got up this morning, Jody fixed omelets and biscuits, and it was all yummy good. We buttered the biscuits and enjoyed them with honey...the Hotel we stayed at was giving away free honey (shut up Mikey) and I took them up on their generosity and brought a napkin full home on the plane. It is very good, and given the low cost (or the extremely high cost, depending on how you look at it) it makes it even better. I went and walked around the yard for a little while this morning, and discovered to my delight that some of the morning glories are still with us...the gardeners must have missed a couple spots, and they (what is left of them) were out there glorying with the best of them. It is an incredible second spring here in central Texas...we have iris blooming, cannas, yellow bells, all kinds of things that think it is spring again. Some of the trees are even putting up new shoots. One of the roses by the front walk is putting on a wonderful display, and it will be interesting to see what blooms out next.

The cattle all survived my absence, and they acted like they did not even know I had been gone...just where is the food? I fed them and put out a fresh bale of hay, and that was pretty much all they cared about. They are a vocal bunch of cattle...Jody and I went out to check the pastures, and did not feed them right away, and they all started hollering...and just like those of our species, once the food is delivered, they all shut up and started eating. Afterwards, we looked out int he pasture, and they were all congregated around the hay bale, and then they all decided to take a nap in the sun. Not too different from the other creatures...eat, sleep, poop.

The wind has been blowing nicely today, and we generated a nice amount of electricity while I was gone. Jody had occasion on evening to turn the heater on, and it was the first time we had used the new heat pump. He said it worked very nicely, so that is good. While I was gone, the replacement copy of the book on CD arrived, so I finally got to find out hoe 'Middlesex' ended. I am in the middle of 'Angela's Ashes' now, and that is (so far) not the most upbeat book I have ever read. But it is very interesting, and well narrated by the author.

Jody and I went to Georgetown for spoilers this afternoon, and I had the truck inspected while we were there. I had also received my new registration for the truck and the trailer in the mail, so I am now totally legal with those two things. I am kind of disappointed that my car tags did not arrive while I was gone, I had expected them but I guess they will get here eventually. My temporary tag is valid til the 4th of November

We are heading to Jarrell for dinner tonight at the 'new' Tex-Mex restaurant. Everyone that we know that has eaten there says it is really good, and we hope so. I will give you my personal review in another post. Right now, I am hoping just to see a little bit of local news. I have not had any updates in a week, so I just want to know what has been going on. AND, as soon as we get home from dinner, I am heading back to the bed...starting to feel just a bit sluggish again, so I think more sleep is in order.

Tomorrow will be a busy day...first day back after being gone for a week. Taking a class on Friday, it will be a good class, given by my friend and colleague Marcie. A class about social networking, REALTORS, and the pitfalls of policies and procedures. I always learn a lot from Marcie.

Have Fun, do something nice for someone, make a small change that will be of benefit to the rest of us, and give someone a kind word.

No comments:

Post a Comment