Friday, October 2, 2009

Day Two Hundred Seventy Five...

Yesterday afternoon, I was out on the front porch (it's a cell phone reception thing) and I saw a bun-rabbit racing down the path in front of the house, and then I saw this snake in one of the flower beds. I do not think the bun-rabbit was racing from the snake, because the snake is not going to break any land-speed records, fer shure! We seem to have a lot of these snakes around the house, and I have seen them many times. This particular specimen ended up being between five and six feet long. I don't bother them, they don't bother me, and nothing rattles, so we all go on about our respective businesses. No snakes (or bun-rabbits) were harmed in the preparation of this post.

The weather prognosticators were forecasting some severe rain chances in counties to our north and west, and by the time we were coming home from dinner, we could see the lightning off to the west. Once we got home, it was relatively dark, so I decided to try and get some photos of the lightning. Had I been a REAL photographer, I might have been able to capture some of the display on memory card (not on film), but I am not, so I just got a couple photos of nothing, but this one is kind of mediocre, so I though I would share it with you. I will carry out a tri-pod next time, and wait more than 4 minutes for the perfect shot on my next quest.

I am headed out this morning to put a sign on a property that will soon be listed for sale, and then I need to get prepared for my class this afternoon. It looks like it will be a somewhat busy day, and that is a good thing. I like being busy. There is already evidence of the masses converging on the city for the Austin City Limits Festival, and I am sure this one will become a muddy mess. There is a 70% chance of rain ALL WEEKEND. We shall see how this all plays out.

My class at the Board was very nice, only six folks, but that is okay. They were mostly newly licensed REALTORS and the NAR Ethics class is something that they can really use. They were all interested, and happy to be there, even if it was a beautiful FRIDAY afternoon in Austin, Texas.

Home now, with some difficulty. Traffic was not friendly on the way home, and that was somewhat of a challenge. The storm last night caused a (relatively) heavy iron chair into the pool. That is now back on the pool deck, and lots of pots and other 'stuff' has been gathered up during the day by Jody. We are pretty much back to normal until the newt 'event'. Beginning tomorrow, there is a 90% chance of rain, 80% on Sunday, and there are better than even rain odds all of next week. It will be an interesting time.

I am pretty much looking forward to a slow weekend, spent mostly at home, and that will give me some time for some serious crocheting. The Holidays will be here before we know it, but I will be prepared!

Have Fun! Do kind deeds, make simple changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment