Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day Two Hundred Eighty One...

All is relatively quiet right now, seems like a normal SUMMER afternoon. It started out kind of cloudy, now the sun is shining brightly, a few lovely clouds in the sky and a good (sort of) strong wind from the south. The humidity is VERY HIGH, and the forecasters say the heat index should be about 102 degrees today. Outside my office, the nuclear weather station reports the temperature to be 84 degrees, and the forecast calls for rain. All this is supposed to change in a few hours. A strong cold Front (relatively speaking) is supposed to arrive early this evening, and cause storms and rain and lightning and the end of the earth is expected to arrive before midnight. Okay, I am most likely exaggerating, but the possibility of strong storms is in the forecast. We will wait and see what happens. Where we live is known for strong winds (sometimes very damaging winds), so we will remain alert and ready!

I am still kind of tired from yesterday. I was actually too tired to sleep last night, but I managed to drift off eventually. Just when I thought I was settled in to get some serious sleep, it was time to get up. I went out twice to retrieve the newspaper, and as of my departure for the office, it had not yet arrived. I used to brag about how much better the service was in the country than it was in the City, but I am beginning to get worried that our delivery will become mediocre at best. Our carrier has had some issues, and then her mother had some issues, so I am not sure what is going on. All I know is, I would like the paper to be in the box when I go outside to fetch it. Is that too much to ask?

We had our regular property management meeting in the office this morning, and got recaps of what all is going on. After that, it was Meals-on-Wheels time, and that is always fun. I only had three clients this morning, but not complaining about that, either. I have delivered to a few as one, and as many as 11, you just never know what will be needed from one day to the next.

ABC News (and I am sure other outlets) reported on the nations' most annoying words and phrases this evening. Number 1 is 'whatever', followed by; 2). 'you know' 3). 'it is what it is' 4). 'anyway' 5). 'at the end of the day'. I am glad to know I am somewhat mainstream with my current phrases. Whatever...

I got home this afternoon, and put on my boots and went out to check the cattle. I went out last evening, and all was good, a peaceable kingdom of cow manna. This afternoon, the bull calf had once again escaped, but I was able to 'herd' him back into the pasture with the mule, and I am not really that thrilled that he has figured out that he can wrangle his way through the electric fence line. I will outsmart him before this is all over.

Jody and I went out to Dale's Essen Haus for dinner, in Walburg. Jody had the meat loaf, and I had the club sandwich. Both were very satisfactory, although I have to tell you that the omelet Jody made last night was probably the most delicious omelet I have EVER eaten. It was DELICIOUS.

The weather forecasters are predicting rain overnight, and especially on the drive into work tomorrow. Then, it is supposed to be an absolutely lovely weekend. We shall see... The high temperature reading I saw today was 92 degrees, and the heat index was 102 degrees. Too Hot.

Tired tonight, short, to the point conclusion: Good deeds, kind words, small changes, Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment