Friday, October 30, 2009

Day Three Hundred Three...

I have a headache. I attended a class all day today (two classes really) that were presented by my friend and fellow Instructor Marcie. I have a headache. It was really a very good learning experience, all kinds of information about the pitfalls one can encounter when they are practicing their profession (in this case, I am focusing on REALTORS) when combining their advertising or marketing with Social Networking. I have a headache. My headache is not as a result of something that I think I might do that would be in violation of a code, or something that I think one of my agents or colleagues might do that could be a violation of the code. My headache is the result of the fact that I WANT TO DO THE RIGHT THING and I believe the agents that are affiliated with my company, and most of my friends and colleagues want to DO THE RIGHT THING. My headache is because there are a handful (okay maybe more than a handful) of agents and colleagues that don't give a 'fiddler's fart' (don't forget I am reading Angela's Ashes) about doing the right thing, and they will do anything they think they can get away with because they figure the odds of them being caught and held accountable are slim at best. That is why I HAVE A HEADACHE! Now...having said that, I hope you enjoy the photo of Marcie and me. This was not Marcie's first pick for a photo to be put out there in the Ethernet, but I AM THE BOSS of this post, so I got to pick. Marcie, I will send you the other photos and the other information you asked for on Monday!

So, the classes are mostly what I did today, and now I have to disseminate the information I learned today to the other members of our Brokerage, and keeping folks up to date in this day and time is a job all by itself. Whatever...

It was, according to all accounts, a beautiful day in Austin, Texas, and we are expecting the possibility of no rain for the next week. That is pretty darned exciting, I may even be able to get some hay cut and baled, and maybe the cattle will even be able to dry out. If this trend (almost ten hours now) holds out, we will finish the month with about 9.8 inches of rain for October (that is from the rain gauge at our house, not any official weather reporting station). Not too shabby if I do say so myself!

I am looking forward to the weekend, and I am looking forward to setting the clocks back an hour before I go to bed tomorrow night (about 9 o'clock). With any luck, I will have a very nice and quiet weekend, not too much stuff on the schedule. I do have an amendment for one property that needs to be wrapped up, but nothing too difficult, and all the terms and conditions have been agreed upon by all the parties, so all that needs to be done is delivery of documents. Nothing big.

Have a great weekend, and try to scare someone (it is Halloween Weekend) with your kindness. That will be a switch! Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment