Monday, October 5, 2009

Day Two Hundred Seventy Eight...

Here is a photo taken yesterday afternoon after my last post. This little tank is in the front of our house, and it has never had more than a few inches of water in it since we have lived here. The Seller's of the property said all the tanks on the land were 'wet-weather' tanks, and they were right about that. This small tank is more ornamental than anything else, and it is designed to flow into a little man made creek that empties into the tank between the back of the house and the first set of pastures in the back of the property. The plantings were all done to simulate trees and plants that would ordinarily be found along a creek bed, but we are not sure about that. Some of the planting are truly things that would grow along a creek bed, but what that really means is that they all SUCK A LOT of water, so we are not sure about the reasoning for those plantings, we being in central Texas where it is either drought or flood. We are still thinking that any new plantings will all be Texas natives.

FLU SHOTS! Today I have been poked, prodded, inspected, neglected, dissected, rejected, (hopefully not infected), injected... Today was my annual physical, and if you need a good general practitioner, I have no hesitations at all recommending our physician. Just give me a call and I will fill you in on all the details. I was not hurried, had plenty of time for all my questions, and I have never had a more kind, generous, understanding doctor. glowing reports from me! So far, according to all the things they did in the office, all is good. I had some blood work done, and we should have all the reports back from that in a couple of days. I did get my ordinary flu shot as well (Jody got his last week). It seems I am not in the target group for the H1N1 flu vaccination...I am too old. I am not a target of the virus. Okay by me!

Since that was done, guess where I had lunch today? I have started having the daily lunch specials, which are a bit more varied that the #5 special I usually have. Today's special was something that looked like a burrito, but it needed some guacamole or sour cream on it. Otherwise, it was very good, and so far I have not had to go down for a nap. After 3 o'clock already, and I am still conscious.

It was foggy this morning on the way to work, and it was very ethereal looking going down the two-lane country roads. I had a great time. I have decided that I like being out on the roads in the dark, especially is I am behind a school bus loading or unloading. I like to see the flashing red lights...reminds me of the old days. Never mind...

It is interesting...we are wondering if the plants around the house are getting confused...the rain, cooler weather, longer periods of darkness are kind of like spring. And many of our plants are putting out blossoms as they would be doing in the spring time. I am certain they went into some type of dormancy when there was so much heat and no water. It will be interesting to see how they cope. All I hope for is that there will be no early frosts, and no really hard freezes this year. We do not need more stress on the vegetation.

The drive home this afternoon was relatively uneventful, and that was very much appreciated. It will be a long day tomorrow...it is the day of setting-up for the Austin Board of REALTORS Realty Round-Up. I expect I will be there for several hours on Tuesday, and all day on Wednesday, the actual day of the event. They are always kind of fun and interesting, but as a member of the committee this year, it will be much more interesting getting to see all the 'behind-the-scenes' stuff that goes on to make the event a reality. I will let you know...

So, try to do a good deed for someone who may be in need. It does not need to be some tremendous thing, just a kind word or a 'thank you' can often make the difference in someone having a good day or a bad day. And, maybe you can think of some small change you can make in your life that will make the world a better place for all of us...like turning your car motor off instead of letting it idle for an extended period of time. Whatever it is you decide upon, remember to Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment