Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day Three Hundred...

Okay, how in the world am I supposed to starve myself and lose a few pounds between now and the Holiday Season if my desk drawer looks like a blue light special aisle at K-Mart (we don't even have K-Mart's here). I guess it would be the lack of will power that I have been displaying while I walk down the health-food aisles at HEB, and then the vitamin aisle, and finally the seasonal aisle, which contains all the Halloween Candy. Whatever...maybe I will just blow up and get crazy, but I hope not. I am really having issues saying 'NO' to the junk food right now, I must be having some other issues that are not manifesting themselves properly. Whatever...

Can you believe this is day 300? I have faithfully posted an entry to this blog since the last day of 2008 (Day Zero...) and it has not become a burden at all, in fact, I really enjoy it. Again, I have no idea if anyone anywhere is reading these things, I call it the 'Seinfeld Blog', the blog about nothing. Anyway, every now and then, someone will come up to me and tell me about something they saw in the blog, and it never ceases to amaze me. Weird, huh?

According to my minimalist attempts at record keeping, we have accrued 9.4 inches of rain this month...add that to the (about) 15 or so inches we received last month, and I would say we are doing pretty well in the rain department. But that is just where we live, there are other parts of the area that have not seen nearly that much rain, and are still hurting terribly for rain.

I made it to and from the office with no issues today, it is actually a beautiful spring (I know it is the end of October) day here. The temperature was in the middle 40's this morning, and it was in the low 70's for the drive home. Not a bit of trouble wither way.

The ground is totally saturated...it is like walking in a bog, the ground is just like a sponge. At least the cattle are moving around in the pasture this afternoon and they may have an opportunity to dry themselves. Just a few minutes ago when I sat down in the office at home, a beautiful young male cardinal flew into one of the windows. He looked dazed and really startled by the crash, and we could see him sitting on the front porch. We assumed he would be okay, and were waiting for him to fly off so we tried not to cause him any more panic. I guess it was just too much for him, he has just had a couple spasms, and that was the end. I guess he must have broken his neck. What a shame. There is so much pointless death. So sad. The evening news programs are hurtful to watch. Never mind...

Try to do something nice for someone, maybe just be doing that it will make our world a better place. It won't hurt, that is for sure. Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment