Friday, October 16, 2009

Day Two Hundred Eighty Nine...

Busy, busy, busy day today. I had lunch with my friend and colleague Chad this today, and we went to this place called The Mighty Cone on South Congress. Really good food, served in a cone like you would expect at a shaved ice place. Inside the cone was a tortilla, and then the food was inside the tortilla. Really good...the unfortunate part is, it was the first time either of us had been there, and we did not know how to eat the stuff (no knives, just bio-degradable forks) and no one else was eating, so we had no one to watch. So, after we spilled everything out on the table (okay, the french fries) we finally figured it out, and I will happily go back again in the future. I HATE going places for the first time, but after I have a handle on the modus-operandi, it is usually okay. I boycotted La Madeline for years because I did not understand the concept, but now I am okay with it! Whatever...

I finished up reviewing an on-line ethics course for NARPM, and that was interesting. It is interesting to see how things 'behind the scenes' work for these different organizations. I think 2010 is going to be a really GOOD and INTERESTING and REALLY SUCCESSFUL year. Now, get out of my way.

I went and put a lovely home on the sales market this afternoon, and I hope it goes under contract quickly. It is wonderful, in a very nice part of town, and hopefully very desirable by someone who is ready to move really quickly!

Traffic was a bit of a challenge on the way home from the office this afternoon, so I called my friend Michael who lives in Florida. Michael and I have known each other for almost 35 years...we were friends when we both lived in Memphis. We lived in Memphis at the same time for about 4 years, but we became close (inseparable almost) friends, and Mike moved away to Florida just a few months before I left Memphis for New Orleans (the first time). But, our friendship has endured for all these years, and we talk on the phone or visit (Michael comes to visit much more often than I visit him in Florida, bless his heart) and it is like we still live just around the corner from each other. We do not skip a beat...we just laugh and cut-up like a couple of kids (well, I am anyway). I think Michael will come up to Orlando next week while I am there, and that will be lots of fun. I love him dearly!

After the telephone conversation, I stopped in Georgetown and got my hair cut (or several hairs cu, okay Mark?) and stopped for gasoline, and made the rest of the trip home. I am busy getting everything ready to be out of the office for the entire week next week, and there is still lots of stuff to get done.

So, tomorrow I have two appointments in the city, and three appointments here at the house. It will be a day of juggling appointments, but there is a lot of stuff that needs to be done.

Time for dinner! Kindness, Actions, Deeds, Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment