Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day Two Hundred Seventy Four...

If it is Thursday, it must be Meals-on-Wheels day. There I was minding my own business, delivering meals to folks on my MOWAM route. I pulled up to one of my clients houses, and there was this BIG Mercedes in the driveway. Not that odd, but I noticed it. As I was walking up to the house, I noticed a series of BULLET HOLES in the side of the car. Four bullet holes to be exact! I did not really check the front, back or other side, but four bullet holes on one side of the car was enough to make me curious! When I got inside the house, I asked the client who the car belonged to, and a female voice in the kitchen yelled 'ME'. I said who's me, and the voice responded the caretaker. I said, well, I never saw a Mercedes with THAT many bullet holes in it before, and she replied that she had bought the car that way. Hmmm... I wonder if she got it at a Police auction or something? Who knows? My client, however, seized the opportunity to inform me that he was the Godfather, and that I should kiss his ring (although he did not have a ring, I went along with it). Just another day in the life...

OMG, can you believe it is the first of October already? Where has the time gone. Why I can still remember my sixth or seventh birthday just like it was yesterday, and that was MANY yesterdays ago! I have already seen Holiday advertisements on the television, and I will let you know when I hear the first Holiday music on the radio. What hath we wrought?

Guess where I had lunch today? El Mercado, right next door to my office. Is it just me or are the enchiladas on the #5 Lunch Special getting smaller and the prices getting bigger? I have to admit, though, that I had lunch and so far do not feel all that much like I need to go and take a nap. Give me a few more minutes and we will see what happens.

I am going to try and leave the office early this afternoon, and give my neighbor Michael a call to see if he can come over and help me get the electric fence back in operation. I know it has to be something relatively simple, but I would like to see how he does it, so I don't need to call him every time something like that happens. I had gotten pretty good at fixing the electric fence at the other farm, so I know it cannot be that big of a deal. There just has to be something that I am missing, and I will be really embarrassed when he shows me what it is.

Well, when I got home, I gave Michael a call, and he came over at about 5PM. We went out into the back pasture with a couple beers and he cannot figure out why it is not working either, so I do not feel so stupid now. He will be back tomorrow, and we will see if he can figure it out.

I will be in to the office early tomorrow, and I will be teaching at the Board of REALTORS tomorrow afternoon. This is Austin City Limits weekend, and the city is already getting crazy...freaks abound on every corner. I really am old, aren't I? Whatever... All I know is, I will head to the Board of REALTORS at about noon, teach my class from 1 until 3, and head for the country after that. I will not be heading back into central Austin at that time of day, there is just no sense in that. The festival begins (I think) around noon tomorrow, and there will be no reason to go in the area again until Monday.

We are heading out to dinner tonight to Mama Fu's in Georgetown. Good food. SO, that is about it for this post, you know the drill. Good deeds, some kindness, whirled peas, and Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment